onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

Can't see the problem pointing our your support is not very good!! The one I don't like is still singing about Steino....we nee to  move on.

Swearing or aggressive shouting with young families around is a difficult one as the game can get very emotional. I try not to swear, I'm conscious little kids may be around however when we have been wronged the linesman and ref are going to get it both <ovf censored> barrells to try and apply pressure on them for the next decision. A family stand would be good for that reason but why you would put them closest to the away end is beyond me.

Controversial I know but I would try to generate a better atmosphere in VP. I think the fans go too quite when the team really need them and it doesn't help we are well spread apart in the ground.

• Close the top of the Railway Stand. Put boarding on to generate more advertising.
  • Install a nice big screen in the old family stand.
  • Install railway seating in the Bycars.
  • Designate the current LS area a family stand.
  • Open the LS side currently closed.

When we have a big cup tie at home or if we reach the Championship you could re-open the top of the Railway Stand and install railway standing in the railway paddock. 

Basically we need money money money.

Advert

A positive suggestion in Lorne St. In the Concourse we have an L shaped refreshment unit of which only 1 leg is open. Usually enough to cope with a typical match day . The issue is that half time is a very limited period to serve food and drink to a captive audience, just about possible on a normal matchday. 

But not on Saturday with a bigger crowd. My nephew went in 5 mins before halftime and was still in the queue when the second half kicked off. He gave up and kept his money for 4 beers and pies in his pocket, he wasnt alone Lost opportunity for someone,( £3.50 a bottle, I can buy 12 bottles for a tenner at my supermarket) and its thirsty work singing.

Appreciate the Purple one did deals with the refreshments so maybe not lost revenue for the club but it would be nice to be able to buy a drink at halftime.

54 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:
3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:
Obviously we’ve improved greatly over the last couple of years and are recognisable as a club. Not only as a team but C&K have now got the media interested in us so well done and do so much great community work. The only thing I’d like changing is the chant to the away fans of ‘Your support is f***ing s**t’ I see no relevance in this and don’t believe it’s conducive to our new image. As I’ve stated before they’re bringing money into our club, so let’s start applauding them. I’m not asking ppl to salute the other fans, football fans from where ever they come from all have the common trait, that they like football, we’re just born and live in different areas. Also when looking across at the new LS it looked like one of the two PVFC flags had the letters VLF on it. Those are the old days under poor owners and different times. If it did have VLF on it let’s remove it, if it didn’t then I apologise.

What do you find offensive about a port vale flag with v.l.f on? Do you know what it stands for?

Well it used to stand for Vales Lunatic  Fringe.

2 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Why don’t we applaud when the opposition team score FFS 

As someone who likes sublime football, if the opposition do score an exceptional goal I will applaud it, doesn’t mean that I’m happy about though, just showing appreciation. Always brought up to give credit where credit is due

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Banter and  angst towards opposing fans is what makes football. Games with an atmosphere are far better than v Crawley, Stevenage, Harrogate etc. 

I actually feel I've been to a football match not a game of Lacrosse. 

Mansfield away recently for example was a crackling atmosphere. It was great. 

Darren banter does make football and the best football chants don’t necessarily need obscenities in them. What about the chants... ‘Is that all you take away’ or ‘ You must have come in a taxi’.

4 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

I like the idea of a big screen in the Family Stand corner. Longer term assuming the government do go through with relaxing the rules on having a beer in the stands wouldn’t mind seeing at least part of the Bycars converted to safe standing to get a proper atmosphere down there again.

Likewise. These ridiculous blue seats really don’t sit well with my OCD. Likewise the white seats in the Railway Stand. 

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Likewise. These ridiculous blue seats really don’t sit well with my OCD. Likewise the white seats in the Railway Stand. 

Biddulph I like your comment re the blue seats even though we have had blue away shirts, but why the white.That’s the only part of the ground where I’ve never watched a game. As a kid I’ve even sat in the wall with the behind the church, until they opened the gates with twenty mins to go then we’d go into the LS. Even when they put glass on top of the wall we’d sit on it.

Archived