onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

Obviously we’ve improved greatly over the last couple of years and are recognisable as a club. Not only as a team but C&K have now got the media interested in us so well done and do so much great community work. The only thing I’d like changing is the chant to the away fans of ‘Your support is f***ing s**t’ I see no relevance in this and don’t believe it’s conducive to our new image. As I’ve stated before they’re bringing money into our club, so let’s start applauding them. I’m not asking ppl to salute the other fans, football fans from where ever they come from all have the common trait, that they like football, we’re just born and live in different areas. Also when looking across at the new LS it looked like one of the two PVFC flags had the letters VLF on it. Those are the old days under poor owners and different times. If it did have VLF on it let’s remove it, if it didn’t then I apologise.

Advert

11 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Obviously we’ve improved greatly over the last couple of years and are recognisable as a club. Not only as a team but C&K have now got the media interested in us so well done and do so much great community work. The only thing I’d like changing is the chant to the away fans of ‘Your support is f***ing s**t’ I see no relevance in this and don’t believe it’s conducive to our new image. As I’ve stated before they’re bringing money into our club, so let’s start applauding them.

That chant is much better than the one sung when we played Bradford 2012ish that got us in the papers 

WV that’s true, but we’ve moved on and they chant it at every game. Also if a parent comes with a young child they probably don’t want their child hearing such profanities, which prevents them from coming again. So this causes is not only to lose spectators of today but the young kids are spectators of tomorrow

Banter and  angst towards opposing fans is what makes football. Games with an atmosphere are far better than v Crawley, Stevenage, Harrogate etc. 

I actually feel I've been to a football match not a game of Lacrosse. 

Mansfield away recently for example was a crackling atmosphere. It was great. 

If money was no object then I'd love to see something done with the old family stand in the corner. It looks such a mess in an otherwise tidy stadium. A big screen which could be used for advertisements, replays etc would fill it up nicely, but I know they don't come cheap & priorities will rightly lie elsewhere.

Other option for that corner would be to return it to being a dedicated family stand. One of the things that's not great at the moment is the toilet facilities for the kids. When you've got young children it would be ideal to have some nice new clean toilet facilities for family use only. That corner could be used to do all sorts & it could become a dedicated family area, it could be used to house groups of school kids if/when we hand out tickets like yesterday. Again would take lots of money to develop.

Only a small thing but one of my memories growing up was Boomer going around the ground throwing out sweets, he's always in & around the fan zone which is great but the kids would love him walking around the race track like old times.

I think Vale are getting a lot of things right at the moment, but there's always things which could be done better. My eyes have probably been opened slightly now that I take my daughter to the games as well.

That's a really important observation. See it through the eyes of young people, of parents.

Time to move on.

Create an atmosphere conducive to young people.

As a kid, I spent much of the game in the footwells at the bottom of the terrace kicking teacups around!

A long time ago now, but it kept me coming back when I was older.

The actual game is a small part of the attraction for young people.

A few things need doing, namely complete refurb of Bycars bogs or knock them down and build new ones, the tannoy system in the Bycars needs sorting, not only is it infuriating not being able to hear any of the announcements, it’s also a health and safety issue, surprised they got a safety certificate. for that part of the ground.

as the previous poster said sort they old family stand in the corner, if we were to draw a big club in the cup the extra capacity could pay for itself.

thats about it really, Lorne st is a good stand, the Hamil is good for away fans, I believe there’s been improvements in the Railway, don’t know if something is planned for behind the Bycars but they’ve just cut all the trees down, and cleared the ground of all the scrub.

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Obviously we’ve improved greatly over the last couple of years and are recognisable as a club. Not only as a team but C&K have now got the media interested in us so well done and do so much great community work. The only thing I’d like changing is the chant to the away fans of ‘Your support is f***ing s**t’ I see no relevance in this and don’t believe it’s conducive to our new image. As I’ve stated before they’re bringing money into our club, so let’s start applauding them. I’m not asking ppl to salute the other fans, football fans from where ever they come from all have the common trait, that they like football, we’re just born and live in different areas. Also when looking across at the new LS it looked like one of the two PVFC flags had the letters VLF on it. Those are the old days under poor owners and different times. If it did have VLF on it let’s remove it, if it didn’t then I apologise.

Why don’t we applaud when the opposition team score FFS 

I seem to remember that there were proposals to make the currently closed section of Lorne Street into a Family Stand and the concourse area to be fitted with computer games for the families to use?

Got to say but many years ago i went to have a look from the old Family Stand and was very surprised at what a great view of the pitch there is from up there.

Any ground improvements have to be self financing I suspect so just wonder if the Robbie Williams suite will be the first as the small President's Seating area is often fully subscribed.

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

WV that’s true, but we’ve moved on and they chant it at every game. Also if a parent comes with a young child they probably don’t want their child hearing such profanities, which prevents them from coming again. So this causes is not only to lose spectators of today but the young kids are spectators of tomorrow

This is called having your cake and eating it. 

Unfortunately it’s impossible to strike a balance for profanity at a football game. With kids (in my experience) you just have to be sensible and explain language like that the same as you would if they heard it any other context I.e Tv/playground.

We live in working class Stoke-on-Trent it’s NEVER going to be this super friendly family environment. 

I remember at Rochdale in the bycars, there was 2 60 plus men sat behind me and my 7 year old daughter who were leathered and every second word they said was a swear word very loudly, literally. I had to turn around and say ‘do you mind, she’s 7’ and I got a load of abuse for it underneath their breath. 

The issue isn’t the chanting, it’s the tannoy and leathered pensioners who revel in the freedom of not being in the house or with their wives.

I’d add to this the stewards*. How are you supposed to report anything regarding abuse (in whatever form) to a 17 year old picking up some pocket money on a Saturday. ‘Just go over there and confront that group of 6 adults about swearing’.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Banter and  angst towards opposing fans is what makes football. Games with an atmosphere are far better than v Crawley, Stevenage, Harrogate etc. 

I actually feel I've been to a football match not a game of Lacrosse. 

Mansfield away recently for example was a crackling atmosphere. It was great. 

Spot on. 

Applauding the away fans!? Really!?

What do you find offensive about a port vale flag with v.l.f on? Do you know what it stands for?

14 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:
3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

What do you find offensive about a port vale flag with v.l.f on? Do you know what it stands for?

It's probably more embarrassing than offensive TBH

Archived