Scott Burgess

SFBT

Advert:

I purposely didn't mention the manager. Excellent man management? "You have no future with the club, go and train with the youth team until you find another club" "Oh, I am short of players, will you come back in the squad" Top notch man management. 
Which player have impressed you so far this season RZ?

I expect most sensible players understand that it is not prudent to say anything negative about your manager if you want to play. The same as in most employment situations. 
Ah, got you. So all of the great results and performances we're getting are in spite of DCs terrible man management.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I purposely didn't mention the manager. Excellent man management? "You have no future with the club, go and train with the youth team until you find another club" "Oh, I am short of players, will you come back in the squad" Top notch man management. 

Any comment on his manager of the month AGAIN ? and again one he doesn't take sole credit for and the only vale manager(including Rudge) to win 2 in a row?

Advert:

RZ, I’ve never previously responded to your comments and must admit initially I had similar thoughts, but stated I’d give my opinion at Christmas. I don’t have to wait that long as since DC stopped tinkering, I’ve really enjoyed our performances. We never give up and I’m quite confident that when we go a goal down, we don’t drop our heads and give in. I’m also confident that we can score from different areas and don’t need to rely on penalties, which is a good job. We’re second in the league, in the second round of the FA Cup, knock out stages of the EFL Trophy and DC has won MOTM for two consecutive months, what more can you ask for.This is a group of players and not the odd individual player. The club has lots of ambition so they’re not satisfied with what we’ve achieved so far it’s what we achieve in the future.

COYW

7 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think we may have interest for several players since the Times article (or the Guardian one) has revealed exactly how much we pay them. Every agent and manager in the land has a good idea what they need to offer in January to tempt all our players including the loan players away from VP.

Yes you are correct in principle but apart from Salford how many lower leagues club pay £2k a week?

Pleased for Scott Burgess cause I thought he's done enough to be on the retained list but "Separating Robinson and Whitehead made eminent sense, I can only speculate both were "Panic" signings by JA.

However, as others have said, how much game time is he gonna get given the competition in midfield. It makes you wonder if there's something cookin' like a serious offer for Tom Conlon on the table or has DC seen he can cover for other positions etc.

• Like 1

Another thread gone.

Stop trying to prove the guy wrong… he doesn’t care.

He's entitled to his opinion no matter how vendetta driven it is.

He has been proven wrong already… all that’s happening now is people are derailing thread after thread trying to make a point that been made a million times and everyone agrees with. It’s a win for him every time someone does it. How people don’t see that is beyond me.

Either ignore him, or set up a dedicated thread to have this continued dull tit for tat. 

• Like 1

Advert:

It’s actually a ridiculous argument really, if a club is interested in a player then their current basic salary makes no difference anyway. The prospective club will speak to the players agent and make an offer within their budget based on the going rate. Agents and players know the going rate for the league they are in and also what clubs are paying as well. People within the game talk to each other. Also all players will be getting win bonuses, clean sheet bonuses, goal bonuses, cup run bonuses which will inflate their salary in addition to their basic anyway.

It’s also very naive and shows a lack of knowledge to think that Clarke is the only manager in our history to make a player train away from the first team. It happens in every managers reign. 

On to Burgess, I can’t see him being near the matchday squad for a while anyway because he’s going to be a long way off fitness. 

Edited by PV1973