Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Doha

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

That's where we are heading. Apparently a few Vale are pally with the landlord. Not sure of the connection but be a few in. 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

That's where we are heading. Apparently a few Vale are pally with the landlord. Not sure of the connection but be a few in. 

Great pub that…. Always start off there on a Friday night pre covid

First away match for sometime! Grandson and his friend are really excited and looking forward to this one. Please please Vale turn up for this one! even with a few of our best players out we are more than capable of three points if we are not complacent . Come on you whites ! 

• Like 2

I fear today’s game will be a lot trickier than the league table suggests.

They have had some good performances recently against some good sides.

Without our two main strikers, this is a tough challenge for DC and the team.

Hoping we have enough but I’m expecting a nervy afternoon

• Like 1

Got a big game feeling this has - i think could be really important game to get a result in - win and confidence will be flying that we can cope without our two main men upfront lose and it could affect confidence and make the next few weeks a lot trickier than it looks on paper. 

i think we will have to much for them today and im going for a 2:0 win conlon and amoo with the goals

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Got a big game feeling this has - i think could be really important game to get a result in - win and confidence will be flying that we can cope without our two main men upfront lose and it could affect confidence and make the next few weeks a lot trickier than it looks on paper. 

i think we will have to much for them today and im going for a 2:0 win conlon and amoo with the goals

Hope you're correct on this one--I too had predicted a 0-2 for us, but now I'mm not too sure--perhaps it's the grey, miserable, autumnal day draining my spirits?  I certainly hope my first instinct wil be nearer the mark than my second forebodings!

11 makes sense. It’s up to Rodney to turn up and do what he did last season 
Got a good feeling about Rodney today. He knows he's going to get a run of games to prove himself now. With the chances we've been creating from midfield, he's got a real chance. Let's hope he takes it
  • Like 1