onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Doha

Quotes from Oldham fans on Twitter after someone tried the usual banter crap about us being poor.

“Vale looked a class outfit. Well organised and buzzing with confidence. Much like bury when they won the league. Who we also beat at boundary park”

“Not sure what you watched they passed us off the park created 3-4 times as many chances, their finishing was poor though. 

We got lucky”

“Miles better than us and bullied our back 2. Thought they were decent.”

We were let down by one aspect today… DC and team will sort it

Advert

2 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

But …. We are 3rd …. And we are winning more than we are losing …so why change

3rd but still conceding sloppy goals here, there and everywhere.

I like to have someone in midfield that has a physical aspect to his game and I don't believe any of Conlon, Pett, Garrity or Taylor do. As Garrity generally runs himself into the ground each game when he starts, I would hope to see Walker given a game on Tuesday, sitting in front of that defence.

12 minutes ago, Beech said:

I like to have someone in midfield that has a physical aspect to his game and I don't believe any of Conlon, Pett, Garrity or Taylor do. As Garrity generally runs himself into the ground each game when he starts, I would hope to see Walker given a game on Tuesday, sitting in front of that defence.

The midfield weren’t the problem today.  Walker isn’t better than any of Conlon, Pett or Garrity.

We battered them today with the exception of set pieces!

I thought Gibbo and Amoo were great, especially the second half. Devante was better than last week but frustrated me with staying out wide. We were desperate for a centre forward to be in and around the centre rather than out wide. Both Amoo and Devante were like the wide men in a. 4 3 3 formation. Wilson would have had a hatrick today.

Also in midfield, there was massive gaps on the left. In the past when we had players breaking from midfield we had one player left and one right. I just didn't see anyone filling that space which meant that Devante kept drifting into it.

Clearly the issue was the defence. Not sure what to do about that. Over to DC...

Oldham are garbage and they certainly didn't deserve to get anything out of the game.

For anyone I wants a sleepless :-

f2d10d044ff173638e95f918d4a4b2eceeaa423cecbb05163fcd34a275574d8b_5589806.jpg?20211120181320 WWW.SKYSPORTS.COM To describe the defending as amateur would be an insult to North West Counties Teams. 
The first one is absolutely shocking in terms of their guy literally having no-one with 5 yards of him from a ball lumped back into our box from near-on half way. Incredible. 
And WTF is the third one all about??? 
I hope Clarke has given it to our so-called CB’s with both barrels because that is really, really sub-standard stuff.
The number of points we have literally gift-wrapped, added a nice bow and then hand-delivered to the oppo’s is frightening.
Rochdale... 1 point dropped by Benning literally stopping.
Bradford… 2 points by a) Smith not finding touch b) Cass no where near Angol.
Sutton… 3 points, defensive horror show #1.
Mansfield… 2 points. A beauty from Conlon cancelled out by, you guessed it, failure to deal with a ball into the box.
Today… 3 points, defensive horror show #2.

Just not good enough.
I think if we drop points on Tuesday - and let’s face it we haven’t exactly got a great record vs Walsall - it will start to feel like deja vu from last year in every sense.

Get … a … grip …horrible goals to concede because it looks untidy.. but … we controlled the game , easily the better team. The last goal is pure luck .. it pings around and falls for them . We are 3rd .. we will recover .. might even drop off a few places whilst we have injuries … I’d rather have the push in the last 10 games .. we will be promoted with this squad .

And then probably not create chances.. we scored 2 away from home .. without the 2 best forwards ..

Mentally weak I'm sitting there on 80 minutes watching the goals going in and thinking Come on Vale do not be mentally weak your 2-1 up should be 5 and low and behold in front of a fantastic away following they not only concede 1 but bloody 2 and end up losing .
How many times 3-2 up v Tranmere 4-3 3-2 up v Walsall 4-3 Sutton 3-2 up 4-3 defeat .
Be mentally strong ffs

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Mentally weak I'm sitting there on 80 minutes watching the goals going in and thinking Come on Vale do not be mentally weak your 2-1 up should be 5 and low and behold in front of a fantastic away following they not only concede 1 but bloody 2 and end up losing .

That is about it mate to be honest. Same old with Vale. Same old. 

2 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Frustrating yes … dramatic changes, or need to panic no . People asking for reserve players to be gone ? No either

No need to panic. I just don't think we are as good as we think we are. Today was a terrible capitulation against a rubbish team. 

That is about it mate to be honest. Same old with Vale. Same old. 
It's annoying as I didn't watch it I cannot comment on who's fault it was however this giving the opposition leg ups if continued will see us stumble down the league no doubt and create disharmony amongst the supporters .
This is on the back of over 6000 folk coming for a live sky game and a following yesterday of 1973 including my son and nephew ,so excuse me if I'm not happy clapping the players have created the buzz and yesterday and last week's average performance will not maintain the buzz .
All I've read is ticket sales buzzing for Oldham Walsall and Burton and what do the docile beggars do go lose a game which any good side would have won twice over .
Yes it is the manner of it I'm livid they better beat Walsall now and well
It's unforgiveable
We scored 2 and folk are hammering Rodney he did his job ,should have defended the box with more professionalism and pride in the shirt .
Last season Askey had tell some of them you should be proud play for Vale .
Third in the league but what is with throwing points away it shows a lack of desire keep the ball out of our net .
Lad said we missed Smith least he fights for every ball I was wrong about him he as being overally excellent this campaign .

Archived