onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Doha

Advert

I don't think anyone should get too offended at being called a melt, or a helmet. 
Still no need for it, at all. You can still make your point without it. I wonder if you'd argue that there are acceptable degrees of personal abuse to a black man? Point is its not called for, nor conducive to a good argument

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Still no need for it, at all. You can still make your point without it. I wonder if you'd argue that there are acceptable degrees of personal abuse to a black man?

It's not abuse though. It's only the same as calling someone a div or a pillock. Anyone getting too upset about that is a bit of a snowflake, in my opinion. 😉

11 minutes ago, Beech said:

Every season most sides have one or two games that really define how there seasons pan out, you melt. Let's hope losing a lead twice against one of the worst sides in the league in the manner we did doesn't turn out to be one of ours.

This feels like an emotional view again… I bet if someone could be bothered to do the research it would actually show that this isn’t the case.

Examples of a team who were good and then completely capitulated after one or two bad games will of course exist but would, I imagine, be in the minority. 

There will be far more examples where good sides lose games they shouldnt (Bolton 3-6 Port Vale) and just then figure it out and continue to be a good side. 

The ones that stand out probably do because they are so rare, interesting or emotional.

Again… that’s just football though. Part of the fun, or not as in tonight. 

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

This feels like an emotional view again… I bet if someone could be bothered to do the research it would actually show that this isn’t the case.

Examples of a team who were good and then completely capitulated after one or two bad games will of course exist but would, I imagine, be in the minority. 

There will be far more examples where good sides lose games they shouldnt (Bolton 3-6 Port Vale) and just then figure it out and continue to be a good side. 

The ones that stand out probably do because they are so rare, interesting or emotional.

Again… that’s just football though. Part of the fun, or not as in tonight. 

I just want us to not be typical Port Vale. Finding a way to lose against a truly rubbish side in a game you were well on top of for the majority, in front of a big away crowd, is sadly the most Port Vale thing ever.

1 minute ago, Beech said:

I just want us to not be typical Port Vale. Finding a way to lose against a truly rubbish side in a game you were well on top of for the majority, in front of a big away crowd, is sadly the most Port Vale thing ever.

I get that… it’s hard to take.

But a view that the wheels are falling off is a bit over the top and won’t help the general mood when we need to be behind the lads. Especially given there is a loooooooooong way to go this season.

UTV

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

I get that… it’s hard to take.

But a view that the wheels are falling off is a bit over the top and won’t help the general mood when we need to be behind the lads. Especially given there is a loooooooooong way to go this season.

UTV

A point was gutting. To not even get one... It's like dreaming about some hanky panky with Jet from Gladiators but then waking up next to Pat Butcher. Heart-breaking.

Fosse, where are these stats from because I was wondering how they survive with their support. Super following today, the result was poor and I expect this result will have a huge affect on Tuesdays attendance 
Playa, the attendance figures are from the Sentinel Commentary, usually reliable. They are a club in turmoil.

58 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Clarke was correct, we didn’t miss the strikers, we cannot deal with balls in the box, and we need to work at it. Well we have been working at it, and it’s still happening. I am sure that DC knows that he has to rectify it in the Jan window.

Yes - and many of us will remember Micky bringing in Darren Purse in the January when John McCombe was ruled out for several weeks with a bad injury. Signing of the season if you ask me, our defence looked so solid in the run-in, and one of the main reasons we kept up our promotion challenge. THAT's exactly the sort of signing we need now and, imho, we need to think about moving to a back four so that we can get the best out of Smudger alongside a big seasoned centre-back who is going to dominate opposing forwards. 

We've got the midfield and forwards to go up but, boy, do we need to shore up at the back.

In the meantime, DC needs to get a grip of this, starting on Tuesday.

1. The most important bit of January business is offering Gibbons a new deal

2. I was pleased with Clarke’s man management during his RS interview where he made a point of no scapegoats, they’re a team, as it would have been very easy to rattle off a few names after that

3. Not so impressed with Amoo off instead of Rodney 

4. How they escaped without a red card and several more yellows I’ll never know. Oh wait no I do, for the same reason Oldham were awarded some truly bizarre decisions today, it’s because there must not be enough qualified officials so they keep getting games regardless of performance. 

We are taking Garrity and Amoo off gamely and it's costing us Garrity off Amoo off 1-0 up v Bradford not looking in any trouble whatsoever draw 1-1 and need a great save from Covalan to draw turning it around the post 2-1 up possession wise milesthe better side take Garrity and Amoo off and Worrall and end up losing 3-2
LEAVE Garrity on take someone else off and leave Amoo on .

11 minutes ago, Beech said:

It's not abuse though. It's only the same as calling someone a div or a pillock. Anyone getting too upset about that is a bit of a snowflake, in my opinion. 😉

Why do you feel you have to call someone a snowflake or a meldrew,why be rude and disrespectful when you are aware that people don't necessarily like it? Do you interact like this in your workplace or in your family? Maybe you are accustomed to it,but it detracts from your often excellent views on the Vale. 

2 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Why do you feel you have to call someone a snowflake or a meldrew,why be rude and disrespectful when you are aware that people don't necessarily like it? Do you interact like this in your workplace or in your family? Maybe you are accustomed to it,but it detracts from your often excellent views on the Vale. 

I actually do! I use those words all the time. I suppose for some people it can come across as being extremely arsey, especially on a forum, so I'll make more of a mental note of it and try harder not to use them.

Archived