onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Doha

As someone said, we win today's game 8 or even 9 times out of 10. Oldham hung in there so you have to give them a bit of credit.

Just so frustrating when you know we would walk this league IF we could do something that's pretty basic so much better.

Advert

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:
12 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:
It Happened against Colchester but they missed their two free headers at goal.
So many people dont see it as a problem if we dont concede.

That's football isn't it? Not every team is going to punish poor defending every time. It's not a game of Football Manager. Evens itself out over the season, so playing like we are we'll win a lot more than we lose.

12 goals in 16 games. They are not prolific are they. We are a top two team/

I know it evens itself out over a season, i have seen enough of them but just yet not sure if we have had too many wins than deserved and more defeats to follow.

Dont like our back 3. Going forward the best attacking i have seen for 20 years. Its great now when we cross a ball and have five players in and around the box. Seen too many seasons where we have two there. Defending at the back, in the air, we are poor. We cant gloss over that and if teams try and try again then we will concede goals 

Hope we score more than we concede. Can accept the defeat and a defeat every 6 games or so i can put up with, our system will show as being successful. Hope we keep this going

14 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

The defensive errors are normally glossed over as we managed to score a goal more.  Today it did not happen.

Yes, Kevin Keegan’s school of football, we’ll score more than them. Without Wilson & Proctor, we maybe should have been more conservative with a 4-4-2. Don’t defend the cross, stop it at source.

18 minutes ago, Beech said:

Well, you're obviously entitled to your opinion. But how we react to today will be massive. Lose against Walsall and I'll feel like the wheels are well and truly about to come off. We've seen it happen before too many times.

“The wheels” won’t have come off… that’s an overly emotional view…  in my opinion of course. But that’s normal, it’s football’s and football fans.

Even if we lose, We have had runs of results under DC that have been worse than that and then gone on to figure it out and go on extended winning runs. There will be plenty of time for him to figure it out.

The season doesn’t end on Tuesday night if we lose with our 2 strikers missing.

What will make an impact is if fans lose their heads and turn against the side rather than supporting them. Again… football fans so I don’t hold my breath.

1 minute ago, 1 said:

The thing is any manager with half a brain now will be playing strikers right on the last man and launching it forward / getting it wide and lobbing it in - with no build up play, negating our footballers in the middle and pressuring us.

Aerial bombardment is a popular form of attack in this division, it is up to  us to keep possession and for our attack to put more chances away,  Single goal margins are never  safe.

24 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

It’s not.

It might be make or break of how some fans treat or react to the team.

Thats a choice those fans will have… as I always say, baffles me how fans would not support the club through a sticky patch… but that’s football fans.

There are lots of of games left… Plenty of weeks where our injured players will be back. Plenty of time to find a solution, plenty of time to get on another winning run.

One game won’t make it break us, it’s an emotional one because it’s Walsall and the Clarke context is interesting. But DC has said every week… there will be tricky periods. 

Make or break game half way through November......Nothing like a good old fashioned meltdown, unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Make or break game half way through November......Nothing like a good old fashioned meltdown, unbelievable.

Every season most sides have one or two games that really define how there seasons pan out, you melt. Let's hope losing a lead twice against one of the worst sides in the league in the manner we did doesn't turn out to be one of ours.

Every season most sides have one or two games that really define how there seasons pan out, you melt. Let's hope losing a lead twice against one of the worst sides in the league in the manner we did doesn't turn out to be one of ours.
Why do you always have to resort to personal abuse TB? You've already been banned for it once

Just now, philmpv said:
4 minutes ago, Beech said:

Why do you always have to resort to personal abuse TB?

I don't think anyone should get too offended at being called a melt, or a helmet. 

Archived