onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Doha

Start with 352 and move within this and 343 depending on how the game pans out.

For me, what we need up front is someone to be able to hold up the ball. (as well as run the lines, put it in the onion bag etc.) We’ve got to be able to get out of our half. Don’t want a repeat of Sutton in the 2nd half. Therefore, use Rodders for the long balls and Dennis into feet. Let him turn and frighten their defenders to death.

Not sure how they play but I would assume Martin in for Smith but Leggey on the bench, brought on to deal with any aerial bombardment.

Advert

I'm not sure Oldham do aerial bombardment from bits I've seen. ( I'm probably wrong and will be corrected ) 

But Keilor-Dunn is a low gravity Lloyd type forward who always looks decent on the ball. 

Yes Piergianni and Bahamboula are units but I certainly don't think they are Sutton in disguise. 

48 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Looking forward to a few drinks in Manchester before the game, anyone recommend the best way of getting to the ground from Manchester and where the nearest station is.

You can get off at Westwood and walk it from there, you'll probably need to use the map on your phone to make sure you're going the right way. Basically head roughly towards the big Tesco or slightly further down the hill and cross the ring road via the bridge/subway.

You'll need to buy a return ticket for zones 1, 2 and 3 or you can tap in and out using your debit card on the yellow box things at the station - if you do do that, remember to tap out when you get off. If you forget, it will charge you for all 4 zones which comes to about 7 quid.

The tram you want might say Oldham on the front, it could also say Rochdale or even Shaw, it's all on the same line. On the way back it will say East Didsbury on the front.

From the city centre direct trams to Oldham go via St Peters Square, Exchange Square and Victoria station. If you're not drinking anywhere near there, get the Bury tram and change at Victoria.

7 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Go to the Old Nags Head in Manchester. Cracking boozer, great music and George Best used to frequent there back in the day.

That's where we are heading. Apparently a few Vale are pally with the landlord. Not sure of the connection but be a few in. 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

That's where we are heading. Apparently a few Vale are pally with the landlord. Not sure of the connection but be a few in. 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Great pub that…. Always start off there on a Friday night pre covid

First away match for sometime! Grandson and his friend are really excited and looking forward to this one. Please please Vale turn up for this one! even with a few of our best players out we are more than capable of three points if we are not complacent . Come on you whites ! 

I fear today’s game will be a lot trickier than the league table suggests.

They have had some good performances recently against some good sides.

Without our two main strikers, this is a tough challenge for DC and the team.

Hoping we have enough but I’m expecting a nervy afternoon

Got a big game feeling this has - i think could be really important game to get a result in - win and confidence will be flying that we can cope without our two main men upfront lose and it could affect confidence and make the next few weeks a lot trickier than it looks on paper. 

i think we will have to much for them today and im going for a 2:0 win conlon and amoo with the goals

Archived