onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Doha

Advert

Over 1700 sold that's really good hope every single one of you who are going have a top day out .
For a league 2 club thats a incredible following really .
That's the equivalent of nearly 2 in every 5 home support going.
Well done all .
UTV

Spot on, though I have to say that I do find it strange how well we travel supporter wise yet at home we seem to have to drag people kicking and screaming to VP. I know of a few people who only go to away games too. What's that all about?! I'd put good money on our average away following being completely disproportionate to our average home attendance when compared to all other clubs in the football league. Very odd.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:
Over 1700 sold that's really good hope every single one of you who are going have a top day out .
Well done all .
UTV

Spot on, though I have to say that I do find it strange how well we travel supporter wise yet at home we seem to have to drag people kicking and screaming to VP. I know of a few people who only go to away games too. What's that all about?! I'd put good money on our average away following being completely disproportionate to our average home attendance when compared to all other clubs in the football league. Very odd.

Great support for the lads. Frustratingly I can’t go Oldham but (for my sins given we always play awful there) I’m going for a Burton.

I agree the number of away fans relative to home fans is weirdly high for most local-ish games and don’t really understand why home gates aren’t higher.

Equally weird is why Walsall are bringing over 1,500 for a Tuesday night game in November which is about a third of their regulars. Is this the seasons ‘big day out’ for them or something?? I thought most couldn’t wait to see the back of Clarke? Or something more sinister like looking for mither?

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:
Well done all .
UTV

Without looking at any stats, my own feeling would be not so sure we travel all that well compared to some other clubs in this league.  On the flip side though I would say that we usually tend to travel in good numbers to the local-ish games, of which there are a decent few this season.

Without looking at any stats, my own feeling would be not so sure we travel all that well compared to some other clubs in this league.  On the flip side though I would say that we usually tend to travel in good numbers to the local-ish games, of which there are a decent few this season.
I'm pretty sure that the figures will be out there somewhere but I'm blowed if I can find them

52 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I'm pretty sure that the figures will be out there somewhere but I'm blowed if I can find them emoji38.png

These are the average away followings so far this season ( might not be totally accurate ) off a League 2 website I use . 

How dare you call me an anorak 😂😂

Screenshot_20211118-090804.png

If Wilson is out for this one, along with Proctor, surely we have to go 433? This will allow both of the wide players (Worrall and Politic?) to support the lone striker (Amoo?) and also give licence to the advanced midfielders (Conlon and Garrity?) to support as well. Would still mean 5 back at most times. Problem with this system under Askey and Aspin was that we had very immobile central strikers and the only game plan we had was lump, cross, lump, cross.

14 minutes ago, philmpv said:

If Wilson is out for this one, along with Proctor, surely we have to go 433? This will allow both of the wide players (Worrall and Politic?) to support the lone striker (Amoo?) and also give licence to the advanced midfielders (Conlon and Garrity?) to support as well. Would still mean 5 back at most times. Problem with this system under Askey and Aspin was that we had very immobile central strikers and the only game plan we had was lump, cross, lump, cross.

Or DC could keep it simple and just bring in LLoyd instead of Wilson... this allows him to keep the formation that has served us fairly well this season. 

I don't think he ll trust Politic to start away from home... not sure he works hard enough off the ball for a tight away game where possession will be exchanged every third pass !.... anyway we will soon find out

26 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

These are the average away followings so far this season ( might not be totally accurate ) off a League 2 website I use . 

How dare you call me an anorak 😂😂

Screenshot_20211118-090804.png

Actually, I take it back (I doubt that this has changed that much) :-)

efl-attendance-report---travelling-percentage-season-2015-1610241024_1.jpg

Or DC could keep it simple and just bring in LLoyd instead of Wilson... this allows him to keep the formation that has served us fairly well this season. 
I don't think he ll trust Politic to start away from home... not sure he works hard enough off the ball for a tight away game where possession will be exchanged every third pass !.... anyway we will soon find out
Yes he could, but personally I can't see Lloyd playing at all well as a lone striker. Hope I'm completely wrong of course if he does go down that route

1 hour ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Yes he could, but personally I can't see Lloyd playing at all well as a lone striker. Hope I'm completely wrong of course if he does go down that route

yep its great having DC as a manager as you can be sure whatever decision he comes to will be on the back of some serious consideration and research... but of  if LLoyd comes in for Wilson as the only change then he would be up top in a two with Amoo not a lone striker: 

I really dont know what he ll come up with for this one, if I was pushed I think he ll keep the changes to personnel and the system to a minimum which would mean a chance for LLoyd I think....

Archived