onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Doha

Can’t believe you’ve put that out there. It’s not common knowledge and the club haven’t announced it. 
Talk about an overreaction. If he's really got a broken foot, DC won't hide that, just like he hasn't any other of the serious injuries we've had this season. He's only cagey when it comes to niggling injuries.

Advert

15 minutes ago, philmpv said:
23 minutes ago, PV1973 said:
Can’t believe you’ve put that out there. It’s not common knowledge and the club haven’t announced it. 

Talk about an overreaction. If he's really got a broken foot, DC won't hide that, just like he hasn't any other of the serious injuries we've had this season. He's only cagey when it comes to niggling injuries.

Not really. How do you know that the club won’t even announce it this week and say he should be in contention for Saturday? Who knows what mind games managers like to play and keep the opposition guessing before a match. 

Not really. How do you know that the club won’t even announce it this week and say he should be in contention for Saturday? Who knows what mind games managers like to play and keep the opposition guessing before a match. 
Right, so if they do, are you suggesting that some random on a forum will be taken as gospel by the oppo scouts and DC totally disregarded? I don't get your point. If DC intends to do that, there's nothing stopping him from doing so? By the same token, how do YOU know that this isn't false information released surreptitiously by the club to lull the oppo into a false sense of security?

35 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Right, so if they do, are you suggesting that some random on a forum will be taken as gospel by the oppo scouts and DC totally disregarded? I don't get your point. If DC intends to do that, there's nothing stopping him from doing so? By the same token, how do YOU know that this isn't false information released surreptitiously by the club to lull the oppo into a false sense of security? emoji38.png

Because I also know the extent of the injury too. 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Why do people go mad at this sort of stuff, and discussions of formations they've seen in training sessions? ... do you honestly think the Oldham manager is on here of an evening scouting for bits of information and whispers from fans lol.

Why do people go mad at this sort of stuff, and discussions of formations they've seen in training sessions? ... do you honestly think the Oldham manager is on here of an evening scouting for bits of information and whispers from fans lol.
It's nuts. It's like when there were all those rumours about Chris Regis possibly playing for too many clubs erroneously. Some on here were genuinely petrified about discussing it in case the FA were scouring OVF for breaches of the rules!

I can remember posting something similar a few years ago when Foyle was manager after a player broke their foot during training on Thursday/Friday, he wasn't happy that I'd put it on here.

Joan gave me a right telling off when I went in to the club shop, learnt my lesson.  Loose lips sink ships and all that............

Loose lips. What are you after putting that out. Out of respect let the club announce when they see fit 
Out of respect? He hasn't died!

Surely any anger anyways ought properly be directed to those within the club who are leaking this information to people outside (it seems)

1565 with four days go is a excellent following already if they sell more that's even more so .
Team well I think we should go with this side
Covalan
Gibbons Legge Martin Jones
Pett Garrity
Worrall Conlon Politic
Lloyd .
When we were bang average I loved the link up play of Gibbons and Worrall so I'd like see that partnership renewed v Oldham ,Cass can come on if we decide go to a 3 but I'd start with a four with Legge and Martin being given the nod making sure we do not give them a leg up as Keith Curle sides are generally decent enough without giving free headers away etc .
I'd start with Garrity also I made my reasons known in the after match Bradford why yes Jake Taylor adds a bit of class but you have to earn the right play first and yes Ben has not being on top of his game lately however v Accrington when he entered the fray the opposition were not dominating as the introduction of him worked a treat as 4 goals for Vale testify and in both recent games he could easily have had a goal in both so even though he is not quite at it he is still putting a shift in so Garrity for me everytime and I'd leave him on .
The left Jones passing was off v Bradford however is defensive work was good as it always is I think along with Politic down the left side can cause havoc and hopefully get chance get his first goal for Vale this sat .
I would usually go for Rodney but something ain't right with him whati have no idea he just in the games I've seen isn't as quick seems easily brushed off the ball and is not most importantly in a team game not at it so I have gone for Lloyd if Wilson rumours are true at least with Lloyd he is on the move winning free kicks where captain Tom Conlon can prosper and if generally if your facing him seems to me a irritating pest
So theres my team what yours
UTV

Archived