onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Doha

Just lost 2-1 at Exeter. Fans seem to be pretty fed up with Keith Curle.

I'd heard their fans are doing some kind of pack the park day for the game to protest against their owner. Could be interesting if we take an early lead.

They're joint bottom on GD so the perfect opportunity to start another winning run, a few of the lads who had a bit of a poor do today should be raring to go to get back to their normal clinical levels. 

Advert

3 minutes ago, mikey said:

Oldham followed by Walsall (lost again today) then Hartlepool. Surely 9 points are possible from that?

Hoping Proctor and Wilson will be  available for most of those as Rodney isnt about to score a hatful on todays showing  

Proctor nowhere near according to RS after the game. Probably Newport next time we might see him. 

Unless it's kidology 

24 minutes ago, Doha said:

Just lost 2-1 at Exeter. Fans seem to be pretty fed up with Keith Curle.

I'd heard their fans are doing some kind of pack the park day for the game to protest against their owner. Could be interesting if we take an early lead.

They're joint bottom on GD so the perfect opportunity to start another winning run, a few of the lads who had a bit of a poor do today should be raring to go to get back to their normal clinical levels. 

Oldham fans have designated Vale game as one to get everyone interested in Oldams plight to attend and demonstrate throughout the game. They want a huge crowd to barrack their hated owner. With our huge following it could be a big attendance. May well go well over 90 minutes too if they do continue efforts to slow or halt the game. Interesting day in prospect.

Oldham fans have designated Vale game as one to get everyone interested in Oldams plight to attend and demonstrate throughout the game. They want a huge crowd to barrack their hated owner. With our huge following it could be a big attendance. May well go well over 90 minutes too if they do continue efforts to slow or halt the game. Interesting day in prospect.
If the games abandoned, don't we get an automatic 3.0 win? Would suit me fine

17 minutes ago, philmpv said:
21 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

If the games abandoned, don't we get an automatic 3.0 win? Would suit me fine

Great, we can join in the protest, we’re old hands.

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I’d also be tempted to put Taylor in over Garrity too. 

I thought that too all through the game but I was very disappointed with Taylor today, nothing like the midfielder who totally controlled the game against Liverpool youngsters. He looked listless when what we needed was someone to get a grip of the game as Tom was clearly fading after covering every blade of grass on the pitch. I don't think DC will have been that impressed with his showing and, given it was definitely an off-day for Garrity, I still think he will play over Taylor. Hope he comes right because a fit and confident Taylor is just what we need as the season goes on through the hard winter months. 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I know stats can lie but looks like they've given Exeter a real game today. 

That said I'm expecting us to grab the bull by the horns and get a win 

Oldham had more possession, more shots, more shots blocked, more corners and the same number of shots on target as Exeter. And the Sky commentator said they gave Exeter a real run for their money, piling on the pressure after pulling one back. 

This is not going to be an easy game and we will need to be at our best to beat a team clearly fighting for survival.

Let's just hope Wilson is fit.

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Just out of interest, a couple of people have mention a big/huge away following at Oldham, how many tickets have sold? The away end holds 3,500-ish doesn’t it? Surely we’ll not take that many??

Without full facts I don't like speculating but ( ha ha ) I was told in the Crown we'd sold just over a thousand by yesterday 

We'd sold out of the 600 by Wednesday was it so it's possible.

I reckon 1500 will go 

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Without full facts I don't like speculating but ( ha ha ) I was told in the Crown we'd sold just over a thousand by yesterday 

We'd sold out of the 600 by Wednesday was it so it's possible.

I reckon 1500 will go 

Surely going be taking more than that, if over a thousand sold and, reckon we will sell the initial allocation and then people been able pay on the day, can see 2000 Vale fans there.

Archived