onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Guardian article on Port Vale

robf

Advert

1 hour ago, Doha said:

I recall negative, worried rumours at the start of the season that Wilson was on massive money. So much for that one. 

Less than 2 grand a week for a player of Wilsons technical ability (plus Conlons recently negotiated 3 year extension) is outrageously good business. 

100% agree @Doha I must admit I was a bit worried at the time about how much we were paying the likes of Wilson. It seems I needed to have more faith in the owners and the club. That's stunning business to improve the quality so much and yet not be paying silly money for the likes of Conlon and Wilson. 

It's in the second (Times) article 
1393758112_Screenshot2021-11-12162711.jpg.20373598dce9c2fe01e12a5d2749098a.jpg
Ah only read the Guardian one. That's remarkable for the quality of players we've recruited, though you could argue that most were either unproven or had a point to prove. And even then I wouldn't be surprised if it's only Conlon and Worrall on that high a wage. To think what we were reportedly paying the likes of Pope and Robinson as well!

41 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

A lot of that came from Tom Pope's interview where he stated 'Wilson will be on more than I ever was'.

So, let's get this right - we replaced 36 year-old Tom Pope with someone eleven years younger, on a lower wage and who has already scored double the goals Pope scored last season. Not only that, Wilson hasn't even got a Twitter account :whistling:

That's not dissing the sterling efforts Pope put in over many years but really, is anyone now going to say that releasing Pope last summer was a bad move?

9 minutes ago, philmpv said:
13 minutes ago, robf said:
It's in the second (Times) article emoji6.png
1393758112_Screenshot2021-11-12162711.jpg.20373598dce9c2fe01e12a5d2749098a.jpg

Ah only read the Guardian one. That's remarkable for the quality of players we've recruited, though you could argue that most were either unproven or had a point to prove. And even then I wouldn't be surprised if it's only Conlon and Worrall on that high a wage. To think what we were reportedly paying the likes of Pope and Robinson as well!

Perhaps times have changed with Covid etc, clubs have cut their numbers and their cloth,  players filter down the leagues.  Choosing a club and manager with stability is also important, we are also within  commuting distance of a lot of clubs. What we want are cup runs and improving gates.

46 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I've archived it, so you don't need to subscribe to get past the paywall. Just click this link and it will take you to the article 

ARCHIVE.MD

Thanks for that, Mellor - brilliant read.

It made me laugh and cry and if we can't be out of our seats roaring the Vale on after that, we never will.

Come on, you mighty Whites - we can do it! 

9 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Thanks for that, Mellor - brilliant read.

It made me laugh and cry and if we can't be out of our seats roaring the Vale on after that, we never will.

Come on, you mighty Whites - we can do it! 

DC is almost as passionate as Breadwinner 😁

Two brilliant articles that reflect so well on what the Club is.....a proper Football Club. I loved it when DC said "they're proper fans here'.....

I'm just excited and proud to see what the Club has become since those dark, dark days of Norm with what looked like no way out.....I just hope we put on a show tomorrow and get three points. (Tbh 1-0, last minute would do!)

Gooooaarrrrrnnnn Vale!

1 hour ago, robf said:

So, let's get this right - we replaced 36 year-old Tom Pope with someone eleven years younger, on a lower wage and who has already scored double the goals Pope scored last season. Not only that, Wilson hasn't even got a Twitter account :whistling:

That's not dissing the sterling efforts Pope put in over many years but really, is anyone now going to say that releasing Pope last summer was a bad move?

Yes Rob but WHERE are the goals coming from without Popey!?....

🤔😂

14 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We have got to back our man against Walsall.

They're whipping themselves up into a frenzy over it. Cannot handle him walking the league so are arriving guns blazing.

Full backing of DC needed. One Bobby Dazzler.

Seen a few posts calling tomorrow a big game with all the hype and records and tv cameras putting more meaning on a win. 

No. 

23rd is far bigger.

Anything other than a merciless crushing of Smallsall won't do.

The Dazzler not winning is not an option. Especially with what that weird lot have been chanting about him this season. 

Just shows how, with the right recruitment team and system in place, you don't have to pay stupid money at this level to build a very good team. We've actually cut our wage bill! I couldn't believe that when I read it. To think of the quality that we've got for less money than we were spending is testament to the skills of DF and DC. I shudder to think what Salfords wage bill is compared to ours

5 hours ago, cactuselves said:

That makes hard reading. Makes me even prouder of what our club and fantastic manager is achieving at the moment. UTV. Darrell Clarkes Gold and White Army.

Just wow!!

From both DF'andDC's perspective of their personal lives. This is why they 100% endorse everything that is happening on the community,  fan connection side. 

Loved the Guardian line when Clarke invites the bloke for a coffee. RZ should educate himself on these articles. Apologies for lowering the tone there. 

Just shows what amazing people we have at our club, not the plastic pigs that are awash through the game elsewhere. 

This whole setup is something else. 

Another very proud Vale fan.

Archived