Tory Sleaze

tommytunstall

She is paying the tax voluntarily. No-one should pay tax voluntarily. The law should be straightforward and it is, as with all tax law, anything but.

This bit of legislation regarding non-domiciled status, is a throwback to the days of empire when they wanted British people to go to India and other such places. I think it is pretty much unique in the world.

The scandal here is not that the lady used legislation to minimise her tax bill but that such a law existed, has not been repealed over centuries and whose existence was previously almost certainly unknown to the average citizen of this country.

If you are born and bred here and become fabulously wealthy you cannot choose to live here and not pay tax on your overseas income. If you are a Russian oligarch you can live here and choose not to pay tax on your overseas income. How is that still permissable?

Advert:

49 minutes ago, ginge said:

You cannot have a Green card, when you are a member of another countries Government. Sunak would know this, so why did he not only keep it but also not disclose it. More revelations for the party of sleaze to deal with.

Advert:

And some wear blinkers and defend certain people no matter what they do 
The blinkers are coming off a lot of people. Living in a permanent blue zone, people who never comment about politics are really upset by the corruption.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Some people are easily impressed.

Tell me about it. Some people really enjoying all this corruption and sleaze from the tories and the rising cost of living. 

This is just another reoccurring example of the rich tories thinking they are above everyone else and can do what they want whilst trying to take us for fools. Well I will not fall for it. They are a disgrace. 

Advert:

16 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
On 07/04/2022 at 09:08, hillmanhunter said:
When I left The UK I had to apply to get non-dom status. It's not easy and The HMRC grant it reluctantly. The statement she's issued this morning is totally misleading. Domicile status has NOTHING to do with your nationality.

Nothing Billionaires like better than more money, how do Billionaires make their money except by paying poor wages or tax evasion ?

This is a frightening post. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

True. I’ve never been impressed by you though!

That’s because you don’t know me that well.I’ll continue to impress those that do but I’ll sleep soundly knowing that you don’t.

6 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

That’s because you don’t know me that well.I’ll continue to impress those that do but I’ll sleep soundly knowing that you don’t.

I’ve sat behind you for years, Howjy, and I have never been impressed with your timekeeping!! 😆

Advert:

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I’ve sat behind you for years, Howjy, and I have never been impressed with your timekeeping!! 😆

My time keeping is determined by my older companions,Jean.(pi55artists).Two of broke away yesterday,from the local cafe,and made it for the warmup.My grandson has

been a few times this season,so the warmup is not an unusual sight.This may become common pratice as the ‘breakaway’ two have walking problems.The joys of getting older!!I digress.

Edited by Howjy04

On 09/04/2022 at 15:10, ginge said:

This is just another reoccurring example of the rich tories thinking they are above everyone else and can do what they want whilst trying to take us for fools. Well I will not fall for it. They are a disgrace. 

Do you honestly think it's just rich Tories? 

If you do then you have already fallen for it.