Tory Sleaze

tommytunstall

10 hours ago, ginge said:

What a disgrace Jonathan Gullis is and I am glad he is not my MP. More fool anyone who votes for this thug.

After reading some of Mr.Vacant's comments I think he could teach Rayner a thing or two on foul language and name calling.I dont think he likes the Tories?😀

What do you get out of reading all that hatred?

11 hours ago, ginge said:

What a disgrace Jonathan Gullis is and I am glad he is not my MP. More fool anyone who votes for this thug.

Why is he a thug exactly? And why would someone who votes for him be foolish?

Honest questions.

2 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

And since Tony Blair was elected PM there hasn't been a Labour victory at a general election.

I wonder why that was? Could it have anything to do with the lies Blair made up that led to millions of deaths and the destruction of half a continent?

If we're talking about a complete lack of honesty and integrity at the top of government, Blair is a prime example.

So you think Blair was naughty because he told lies but it’s OK for Johnson to do it?  And your “millions of deaths” is a ludicrous exaggeration. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
2 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

Does Blair make Johnson less of a liar?

Nothing makes Boris less of a liar. Boris doesn't make Blair less of a liar. The point is they are both politicians and both lie, neither one excuses the other.

Some politicians have said what Boris has done is unacceptable......... but if he gives them what they want they will accept it..... this is the crap in politics today, this is the crap people elect to office.

3 minutes ago, geosname said:

Nothing makes Boris less of a liar. Boris doesn't make Blair less of a liar. The point is they are both politicians and both lie, neither one excuses the other.

Some politicians have said what Boris has done is unacceptable......... but if he gives them what they want they will accept it..... this is the crap in politics today, this is the crap people elect to office.

I can't disagree with what you say. But to try to pretend that Boris is the only one guilty of lying is just daft.

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So you think Blair was naughty because he told lies but it’s OK for Johnson to do it?  And your “millions of deaths” is a ludicrous exaggeration. 

Why is it an either or...... why can't they both be lying barstewards? 

I expect politicians to lie, it doesn't excuse it, it doesn't make it right but the expectation sometimes allows me a view of the fragment of truth buried in the political crap the public are fed and usually swallow

1 minute ago, jimbo57 said:

I can't disagree with what you say. But to try to pretend that Boris is the only one guilty of lying is just daft.

I've never said that.

I have stated and maintained that all politicians lie.

13 minutes ago, geosname said:

I've never said that.

I have stated and maintained that all politicians lie.

I didn't say you did say that, I was referring to the post I was replying to in the first place.

33 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Who said he is?  I posted the story of Profumo yesterday.  He was a liar and lied through his teeth to Parliament.  He had to resign. 

54 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

I didn't say you did say that, I was referring to the post I was replying to in the first place.

I didn't say you did say I said that........ we won't go down that road.

History is full of politicians who were caught lying....... and a lot more who were not caught.

29 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Who said he is?  I posted the story of Profumo yesterday.  He was a liar and lied through his teeth to Parliament.  He had to resign. 

You only mentioned Profumo, a Conservative, whilst  ignoring events 40 years later involving Tony Blair, Labour.

Bliar likewise lied through his teeth and had to resign, but he didn't.

1 minute ago, jimbo57 said:

You only mentioned Profumo, a Conservative, whilst  ignoring events 40 years later involving Tony Blair, Labour.

I’m off to look for a wall. 

34 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Was it Mandy or Christine who said "but you would say that" (but he would, wouldn't he?)

7 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

I would guess the relevant part being...... he resigned because he lied.

Blair didn't.

Boris won't.

Resign that is.

I'm still not exactly sure what all the lies and corruption are for? Iv'e seen people saying "the most corrupt ever" in this very thread...But how?

Because they offered a contract to a friend's company and had cheese and wine in the garden? Like what are you actually talking about?

I don't really get how people were not outraged when they tried to tell us who we could and could not spend christmas with, but are outraged when staff members sing happy birthday to the PM and then lie about it?

I suppose what I'm asking is...Is the controversy the fact that he looks to have serially broken his own rules, or that he imposed those rules, which he seemingly didn't respect, on us in the first place?

How do we know Boris is lying about the parties but wasn't lying about the need for the covid restrictions? How do we know that he had ulterior motives for handing out contracts to friends and family of ministers but didn't have ulterior motives for imposing the covid restrictions? 

19 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I'm still not exactly sure what all the lies and corruption are for? Iv'e seen people saying "the most corrupt ever" in this very thread...But how?

Because they offered a contract to a friend's company and had cheese and wine in the garden? Like what are you actually talking about?

I don't really get how people were not outraged when they tried to tell us who we could and could not spend christmas with, but are outraged when staff members sing happy birthday to the PM and then lie about it?

I suppose what I'm asking is...Is the controversy the fact that he looks to have serially broken his own rules, or that he imposed those rules, which he seemingly didn't respect, on us in the first place?

How do we know Boris is lying about the parties but wasn't lying about the need for the covid restrictions? How do we know that he had ulterior motives for handing out contracts to friends and family of ministers but didn't have ulterior motives for imposing the covid restrictions? 

The fact he lied should be enough for him to disappear in shame.

If he didn't know the rules he was inflicting on others he is incompetent or lying, either way he should go.

I think there is a case to be made that he should go for the screw up of the pandemic.

If it's a normality to have alcohol at work meetings then several others need to be looked at with a view to sacking.

• Like 1