Tory Sleaze

tommytunstall

Advert:

23 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

I expect higher standards from public servants, as do the people who can judge on morals as well.

I think we all want higher standards in public life, but the police can only follow the law and not morals!

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

I think we all want higher standards in public life, but the police can only follow the law and not morals!

I am expecting the people to judge, the law is based on morals too.

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I don’t want either party leading us into war, mate. 

I don't think anyone is "leading" us into war.   Surely it's a case of reacting to the threat posed by a dictatorial despot like Putin and working together with all our allies to deter him both economically, diplomatically and ultimately strategically if the first two don't work?

Advert:

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Indeed, trusting an inveterate liar to run the country.  Go Now

My Mum God rest her soul, always drummed into us many years ago, do not tell lies as they always catch up with you, well it’s taken a while but they have finally caught up with him, he has been a serial liar for many years 

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I am expecting the people to judge, the law is based on morals too.

The law is based simply on laws enacted in the statute books.  If you want moral judgements, you may have to look to a 'higher authority' if you believe in one!

54 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I don't think anyone is "leading" us into war.   Surely it's a case of reacting to the threat posed by a dictatorial despot like Putin and working together with all our allies to deter him both economically, diplomatically and ultimately strategically if the first two don't work?

I was responding to Howjy asking me if I wanted “that shower” leading us into war. 

I really feel like you are all woefully missing the bigger picture with all this birthday party and cake stuff.

Stop viewing it through a party political lens and take a second to consider the scope of the lies and corruption. With due respect, if that extends as far as holding a secret lock down birthday party and a cheese and wine meeting, who really cares? I don't think that's likely though, do you?

Advert:

Johnson could have told the truth weeks ago, instead he denied. It’s not the Cake and Birthday stuff, it goes far deeper than that, he is the PM and he has lied again and again, he is not a person you can trust. I am not against a Conservative government, but let’s have someone who is honest and possesses integrity. Not the freeloading and dishonest current incumbent.

• Like 1

In 1963 Jack Profumo resigned as Minister for War. He did this not because he had an extra-marital affair - he wasn’t the only politician to do that. He resigned because he had lied to Parliament about it. That was in the days when honesty in Parliament meant something. It no longer does and that is why people are angry at Johnson. It’s not about cake, wine, cheese and parties. It’s about the complete lack of honesty and integrity at the top of government. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

14 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

In 1963 Jack Profumo resigned as Minister for War. He did this not because he had an extra-marital affair - he wasn’t the only politician to do that. He resigned because he had lied to Parliament about it. That was in the days when honesty in Parliament meant something. It no longer does and that is why people are angry at Johnson. It’s not about cake, wine, cheese and parties. It’s about the complete lack of honesty and integrity at the top of government. 

And since Tony Blair was elected PM there hasn't been a Labour victory at a general election.

I wonder why that was? Could it have anything to do with the lies Blair made up that led to millions of deaths and the destruction of half a continent?

If we're talking about a complete lack of honesty and integrity at the top of government, Blair is a prime example.

And since Tony Blair was elected PM there hasn't been a Labour victory at a general election.
I wonder why that was? Could it have anything to do with the lies Blair made up that led to millions of deaths and the destruction of half a continent?
If we're talking about a complete lack of honesty and integrity at the top of government, Blair is a prime example.
Does Blair make Johnson less of a liar?