Tory Sleaze

tommytunstall

Just now, tommytunstall said:

You need to read your last biased post, you are criticising Labour for pursuing the Patterson saga, thank goodness they did, he is as bent as a 9 Bob note.

No, I didn't.

I actually did the direct opposite. 

I think you are showing your own bias quite nicely here.

Advert:

2 hours ago, Doha said:

This is absolutely staggering, I worked in agreeing major contracts in the transport industry, and it was policed diligently. £600 million contract with no paperwork, and one of the main protagonists got his foot in both camps.  If it was fiction it would be called far fetched. All opposition parties must continue to dig deeper on these sleaze allegations. Even RB must admit we have never seen a Government this corrupt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FriedRice said:

No id rather have competent and honest people in Parliament. Being successful shouldnt be a yardstick for leadership.

Yeah ideally, but I don't think you'll find many of them in Parliament. 

The point about success is more about potential industry expertise rather than actual qualities that would make a good MP.

21 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

This is absolutely staggering, I worked in agreeing major contracts in the transport industry, and it was policed diligently. £600 million contract with no paperwork, and one of the main protagonists got his foot in both camps.  If it was fiction it would be called far fetched. All opposition parties must continue to dig deeper on these sleaze allegations. Even RB must admit we have never seen a Government this corrupt.

I'll admit that if it turns out to be true but I suspect there will have been far more corrupt Governments in the past that we don't know about.

Lots of mud being slung at the wall, I'll see what sticks, but in the meantime, if any of them are found to be guilty of corruption then I'd lock them up. Hope that is fair enough for you.

Advert:

51 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I'll admit that if it turns out to be true but I suspect there will have been far more corrupt Governments in the past that we don't know about.

Lots of mud being slung at the wall, I'll see what sticks, but in the meantime, if any of them are found to be guilty of corruption then I'd lock them up. Hope that is fair enough for you.

It is fair enough RB. But I doubt if there has ever been a more openly corrupt Government. I have supported and voted for previous Tory Governments. But this one is a total disgrace 

It is fair enough RB. But I doubt if there has ever been a more openly corrupt Government. I have supported and voted for previous Tory Governments. But this one is a total disgrace 
Never been the opportunity to dish out £Billions without proper scrutiny before. Ethics and scruples in short supply.

Im all in favour of MPs having a second job..... after all a couple of shifts at the food bank or a few regular night shifts stocking shelves at the supermarkets is good preparation for managing to live on £80,000 plus expenses, which is open for abuse, 

On 17/11/2021 at 17:53, tommytunstall said:

In the 18th century corruption was a way of life in this country.  Bribes, pensions and the sale of government posts was commonplace and actually expected.  There was, of course, no social media then.

Advert:

Whatever your view on the tories, one thing that can be said is that they are very good at reinventing themselves.

All the current sleaze and corruption will mean nothing when one year before the next election boris stands down and a new leader comes in promising a new approach, back to gentler one nation conservatism and standards. Obviously that will be just more slogans and they will get voted in again, nothing really changes and the cycle continues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Whatever your view on the tories, one thing that can be said is that they are very good at reinventing themselves.

All the current sleaze and corruption will mean nothing when one year before the next election boris stands down and a new leader comes in promising a new approach, back to gentler one nation conservatism and standards. Obviously that will be just more slogans and they will get voted in again, nothing really changes and the cycle continues.

An accurate summation imo...how bloody depressing it is.

Advert:

On 20/11/2021 at 21:39, FriedRice said:

Depressing but reinforces how important it is to vote using the  'nothing will change whatever' excuse is nuts its the one time you can worry a politician regardless of party

On one side you have a party that makes promises it knows it can't/won't keep but it makes them just to get the votes. 

On the other side you have a party prepared to make promises they have no hope of honouring just to get the votes.

One side claims how bad the other side is. 

The other side claim how much better they are.