Tory Sleaze

tommytunstall

2 hours ago, FriedRice said:

Basic salary for a MP ( no qualifications needed ) £81,932 min without allowances.

Basic salary for a GP ( 9 - 12 years training ) £62,269

You hàve more chance of getting an appointment to see your MP than one to see your GP.

They seem to forget that they are Public Servants and should not expect to be paid a massive amount, nor have second jobs as serving the public should be their main concern.  At present it appears that being a MP is a finishing school for cushy jobs and earnings. Maybe limited to 2 terms as a MP instead of a job for life in a donkey seat.

Corruption is the use of public office for private gain. Get the police digging into the Covid contracts. Also the number of peerages awarded to donors in the last 10 years. We need a second chamber of independent experts to keep the scoundrels in check not another bunch of sycophants. Only country in the world where you can buy a seat, use the 1925 act to stop it, that is the point of it.

16 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

They seem to forget that they are Public Servants and should not expect to be paid a massive amount, nor have second jobs as serving the public should be their main concern.  At present it appears that being a MP is a finishing school for cushy jobs and earnings. Maybe limited to 2 terms as a MP instead of a job for life in a donkey seat.

They are already limited to 4 years ... just that, for some reason, the public accepts the issues that we see and vote them back in. Until people start to think about who they are voting in, the reality is that sadly  we are getting what the majority ask for (proportional representation not withstanding) .

Wouldn't you rather have successful people in Parliament though?

It sure as hell beats having a load of perennial student activist types who just push their race baiting and anti-semitical agenda all the time doesn't it?

I think we're watching live, how the left overplay their cards in politics. They're hungry for blood, inventing stories now to be outraged by because they had a chance to get their crowbar in with the Owen Paterson stuff. 

I mean I don't think anyone really cares if Rees-Mogg loaned himself money from his own company do they? Or whether someone can earn 100 quid an hour for 8 hours work per week whilst being an MP. 

You had a chance to twist the knife with the Paterson stuff, and then the Cox one could have been bad, even if he may not have broken any rules, but it's coming across as a bit desperate now.

5 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Wouldn't you rather have successful people in Parliament though?

It sure as hell beats having a load of perennial student activist types who just push their race baiting and anti-semitical agenda all the time doesn't it?

I think we're watching live, how the left overplay their cards in politics. They're hungry for blood, inventing stories now to be outraged by because they had a chance to get their crowbar in with the Owen Paterson stuff. 

I mean I don't think anyone really cares if Rees-Mogg loaned himself money from his own company do they? Or whether someone can earn 100 quid an hour for 8 hours work per week whilst being an MP. 

You had a chance to twist the knife with the Paterson stuff, and then the Cox one could have been bad, even if he may not have broken any rules, but it's coming across as a bit desperate now.

The opposition are doing what they supposed to do criticise the Government. RB wants to go back to the 1930s in Germany when no criticism was allowed. If MPs are breaking the rules they need to be brought to book. Theresa May and John Major have both stated that the Government was totally wrong trying to get Patterson off the hook.

2 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

The opposition are doing what they supposed to do criticise the Government. RB wants to go back to the 1930s in Germany when no criticism was allowed. If MPs are breaking the rules they need to be brought to book. Theresa May and John Major have both stated that the Government was totally wrong trying to get Patterson off the hook.

Honestly, I cannot comprehend how you've got to....RB wants to go to 1930s germany where criticism was not allowed"...from my post.

Like genuinely no idea how to respond to you. It's as if you've replied to the wrong post? 

You definitely meant to to quote/name me in that?

5 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Honestly, I cannot comprehend how you've got to....RB wants to go to 1930s germany where criticism was not allowed"...from my post.

Like genuinely no idea how to respond to you. It's as if you've replied to the wrong post? 

You definitely meant to to quote/name me in that?

You need to read your last biased post, you are criticising Labour for pursuing the Patterson saga, thank goodness they did, he is as bent as a 9 Bob note.