• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Tory Sleaze

tommytunstall

Advert:

It's been wild Boris.

Will the next leader come from the Boris backers or is this a shrewd move for Sunak and Javid? If they are to lose the next election then purely for the troll factor it would be funny for the first BAME PM to be a tory. 

I can see it being Penny Mordaunt as a knee jerk reaction to try and win over some neutrals before the next GE. I'm not a huge fan but there's worse in the running.

Jeremy Hunt has been very quiet since coming 2nd to Boris, shoved to the back bench. He might want to throw his hat in the ring again. Trouble is, Boris won’t resign so we will still have to put with him for a bit longer.

44 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Most countries in Europe will suffer exactly the same.

They're not though, are they?

While many countries are experiencing higher energy bills, supply chain disruption and the lingering effects of the pandemic, price pressures in the UK are “expected to be worse and longer lasting”, according to The Telegraph

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Sure, I see tourists are advised not to go to Sri Lanka, due to fuel and food shortages. Bloody Brexit.

I was not aware that Sri Lanka was in the EU

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I was not aware that Sri Lanka was in the EU

No, I’m not aware that Brexit is the cause of so many countries going in to a recession either

Advert:

9 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

No, I’m not aware that Brexit is the cause of so many countries going in to a recession either

Just the cause of our recession being worse than otherwise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Most countries in Europe will suffer exactly the same.

I'm not saying that other countries won't suffer a recession, just that the UK will not suffer "exactly the same" as "most countries in Europe": "price pressures in the UK are “expected to be worse and longer lasting”, according to The Telegraph. "

It's funny how when the UK's economy was affected by a global recession under Labour, it was all Gordon Brown's fault (despite him being praised by world leaders for taking swift action to avert a greater crisis) yet when the economy tanks under the tories, it's everyone else's fault.

• Like 3

Things are bad in the USA but the UK appears to be absolutely rudderless.

At least in the USA Joe Biden has his teleprompter (If he can read it) and China backing his policies....lol.

8 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I'm not saying that other countries won't suffer a recession, just that the UK will not suffer "exactly the same" as "most countries in Europe": "price pressures in the UK are “expected to be worse and longer lasting”, according to The Telegraph. "

It's funny how when the UK's economy was affected by a global recession under Labour, it was all Gordon Brown's fault (despite him being praised by world leaders for taking swift action to avert a greater crisis) yet when the economy tanks under the tories, it's everyone else's fault.

Wasn’t all Browns fault, Blair has to shoulder a lot of the blame as well. Browns economics we’re useless but I do agree a certain amount, Sunak has been very poor as a chancellor, he’s acted continuously like a Labour chancellor, wasting money and no long term plan. Germany’s recession may not hit as hard as they are refusing to stop buying Russian oil, is that wrong or not?

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Wasn’t all Browns fault, Blair has to shoulder a lot of the blame as well. Browns economics we’re useless but I do agree a certain amount, Sunak has been very poor as a chancellor, he’s acted continuously like a Labour chancellor, wasting money and no long term plan. Germany’s recession may not hit as hard as they are refusing to stop buying Russian oil, is that wrong or not?

Could do with a conservative Government, one thing is for sure. It has been a while.

As for your last question - you won't get an answer out of these lot obviously, or a truthful one at least, the answer of course is whatever the opposite of what the tories do. It's the only way they can win.

Edited by Regal Beagle

11 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Could do with a conservative Government, one thing is for sure. It has been a while.

As for your last question - you won't get an answer out of these lot obviously, or a truthful one at least, the answer of course is whatever the opposite of what the tories do. It's the only way they can win.

Yes, but they don’t win!