• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Tory Sleaze

tommytunstall

Advert:

29 minutes ago, For Us All said:

They certainly will but will they want a coalition party?

I think they'll take a coalition over the shitshow that's the current government. If/ when Johnson's jetisoned, who knows. That is if we have an election.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Most realistic outcome of next election is Labour being largest party but needing to form a pact with some of the smaller parties. Can see them only agreeing to working with KS if he agrees to introduce PR. There's a significant amount within Labour who want PR too, albeit partly on the ostracised left.

First past the post system suits the two largest parties and is not in their interests to change it.  Both labour & Conservatives know that PR would lead to a dilution of their numbers of seats and would make the UK more like most other EU governments that have PR and many parties in coalition.  It was bad enough just having a coalition of Tories + LibDems, imagine the chaos with a multi-party coalition--especially with the SNP's wee Krankie involved!!

First past the post system suits the two largest parties and is not in their interests to change it.  Both labour & Conservatives know that PR would lead to a dilution of their numbers of seats and would make the UK more like most other EU governments that have PR and many parties in coalition.  It was bad enough just having a coalition of Tories + LibDems, imagine the chaos with a multi-party coalition--especially with the SNP's wee Krankie involved!!
There is no need to imagine the current chaos.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

The point of PR is that there are no outright winners or dictators, government is by consensus. Local MPs still perform as usual, systems vary.

Trouble with no outright winners is we will get nowhere. There will never be a policy that gets through, too much internal fighting among those in Westminster. I do see some benefits of a PR system but I think I’d rather see what we have now, then the Government can be held accountable and the people can choose every 4yrs whether to keep them or not. I just wish there was a creditable opposition party so there is a reasonably choice, currently we have <ovf censored> in power and even shiter as the main opposition party.

sorry for repeating myself, this just popped up again

Edited by philpvfc

Advert:

1 minute ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Before the massive recession they have caused kicks in 

Don’t think you can blame the Government for an inevitable recession. My blame goes on the Chinese and Putin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Don’t think you can blame the Government for an inevitable recession. My blame goes on the Chinese and Putin.

Farage was warning about it when they were printing money for fun due to lockdowns etc 

Advert:

1 minute ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Farage was warning about it when they were printing money for fun due to lockdowns etc 

Agree that Sunak was like a kid in a sweet shop, but that won’t have created a recession. Larger national debt and no way back from a NI increase but not a recession, that will be caused by high inflation, wages not keeping up with inflation and a war in Europe. Most countries in Europe will suffer exactly the same.

Agree that Sunak was like a kid in a sweet shop, but that won’t have created a recession. Larger national debt and no way back from a NI increase but not a recession, that will be caused by high inflation, wages not keeping up with inflation and a war in Europe. Most countries in Europe will suffer exactly the same.
But without the Brexit handicap.

• Confused 1