• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Tory Sleaze

tommytunstall

Advert:

Advert:

12 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Low birth rate and ageing population produces labour shortages.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Over 6% increase in population over a decade produces over crowding, extra strain on public services, transportation issues, greater pollution, less greenery and environmental issues.

3 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Over 6% increase in population over a decade produces over crowding, extra strain on public services, transportation issues, greater pollution, less greenery and environmental issues.

Ageing population increases care and medical needs, lack of hospital staff planning requires overseas recruitment to meet post war bulge in demand. Currently now more pensioners than under 16s, 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Ageing population increases care and medical needs, lack of hospital staff planning requires overseas recruitment to meet post war bulge in demand. Currently now more pensioners than under 16s, 

Or even better still, train up those already living in the U.K.  you have a 1/10 chance of getting on to a midwifery course if you apply, pus it is difficult to get in to a nursing school due to lack of schools. Extra population means more demand on the NHS. If we do need to import NHS staff then it should be done on a skills needed matrix similar to Australia, then we get the skilled workers we need without the unskilled workers pouring in to the country which both helps the NHS and helps to keep control of population growth.

Edited by philpvfc

Or even better still, train up those already living in the U.K.  you have a 1/10 chance of getting on to a midwifery course if you apply, pus it is difficult to get in to a nursing school due to lack of schools. Extra population means more demand on the NHS. If we do need to import NHS staff then it should be done on a skills needed matrix similar to Australia, then we get the skilled workers we need without the unskilled workers pouring in to the country which both helps the NHS and helps to keep control of population growth.
It helps if there are staffing plans, and proper pay. But of course it is cheaper for other countries to provide the education and trading if austerity is the mission.

12 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

It helps if there are staffing plans, and proper pay. But of course it is cheaper for other countries to provide the education and trading if austerity is the mission.

Pay doesn’t seem to be the issue as there are more applicants than there are jobs. 

Advert:

13 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Mass immigration will also keep wages low 

Correct. Mass immigration suits the capitalists, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, that’s why I can’t understand the lefties encouraging mass immigration. It’s about time the rich in this country started investing and training those already living here and wanting to work instead of looking for the cheap import option.

Correct. Mass immigration suits the capitalists, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, that’s why I can’t understand the lefties encouraging mass immigration. It’s about time the rich in this country started investing and training those already living here and wanting to work instead of looking for the cheap import option.
People keep voting for the Capitalist party.

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

"People keep voting for the capitalist party"

I think it's a thing called DEMOCRACY!

When a minority of the electorate elect a majority in parliament.