• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Tory Sleaze

tommytunstall

I think some people need to grow up and accept that Mr Gullis is the elected Member of Parliament for Stoke-on-Trent North.

I appreciate that you might not like him or his politics - I'm no fan of this current government myself - but he was elected by the people, take the smack on the nose and get over it. I didn't like the last buffoon but I wouldn't have complained if she could have been arsed to get off her behind and turn up to something once in a while.

Port Vale FC should strive to have a good relationship with whoever the elected member of parliament for the area is. I don't understand the behaviour of some people.

Thankfully someone sane is in charge of the good ship Port Vale.

Down with your arms, this is no battle to fight.

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Rory said:

I think some people need to grow up and accept that Mr Gullis is the elected Member of Parliament for Stoke-on-Trent North.

I appreciate that you might not like him or his politics - I'm no fan of this current government myself - but he was elected by the people, take the smack on the nose and get over it. I didn't like the last buffoon but I wouldn't have complained if she could have been arsed to get off her behind and turn up to something once in a while.

Port Vale FC should strive to have a good relationship with whoever the elected member of parliament for the area is. I don't understand the behaviour of some people.

Thankfully someone sane is in charge of the good ship Port Vale.

Down with your arms, this is no battle to fight.

Utter rubbish, Rory. Surprised.

He shouldn't get free tickets for a charity concert mate. It's for the Donna Louise FFS. His ticket was worth several hundred pounds but was, according to him, a 'personal gift from Carol Shanahan'. What's that all about? If we're giving out free tickets, give it to some poorly kids, not a bloke on 70k+ a year.

I've no idea how we're benefitting from this relationship. He's in hospitality for Swindon, Wembley, Robbie, and covid-games, but there's scant benefit coming Port Vale's way. What's he done for us? Serious question. 

Yes, have good relationships with MPs. Not a problem. Invite them for biscuits on a Wednesday. Talk business. Don't give them free tickets to charity concerts or plonk them down at Wembley or have them at games actual fans aren't allowed to attend. There's a middle ground between 'good relations' and 'give him a jolly for nowt in return'. The man seems to get the best treatment of anyone in the city, which is grating as he's been here about 5 minutes and will never be seen again if he loses his seat.

Nowt do with his politics. I'd have the exact same view if it was a Labour MP getting free tickets every week and got in for free to a charity gig. I'm waiting patiently to see how this buttering up pays off for us, as I'm seeing FA at present. Good relations of course, but it's going overboard.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Joe B said:

Utter rubbish, Rory. Surprised.

He shouldn't get free tickets for a charity concert mate. It's for the Donna Louise FFS. His ticket was worth several hundred pounds but was, according to him, a 'personal gift from Carol Shanahan'. What's that all about? If we're giving out free tickets, give it to some poorly kids, not a bloke on 70k+ a year.

I've no idea how we're benefitting from this relationship. He's in hospitality for Swindon, Wembley, Robbie, and covid-games, but there's scant benefit coming Port Vale's way. What's he done for us? Serious question. 

Yes, have good relationships with MPs. Not a problem. Invite them for biscuits on a Wednesday. Talk business. Don't give them free tickets to charity concerts or plonk them down at Wembley or have them at games actual fans aren't allowed to attend. There's a middle ground between 'good relations' and 'give him a jolly for nowt in return'. The man seems to get the best treatment of anyone in the city, which is grating as he's been here about 5 minutes and will never be seen again if he loses his seat.

Nowt do with his politics. I'd have the exact same view if it was a Labour MP getting free tickets every week and got in for free to a charity gig. I'm waiting patiently to see how this buttering up pays off for us, as I'm seeing FA at present. Good relations of course, but it's going overboard.

Instead of whinging on here why don’t you get in touch with Carol and Kevin and ask them?

• Thanks 1

We shouldn’t be surprised that a politician is associated with our club, we are a prominent local institution. Currying mutual favour is probably what this relationship is all about. We all know that Gullis isn’t a real Vale fan, at the same time I’m not sure that Carol & Kevin are genuine Gullis fans. 
I haven’t got a problem with Gullis accepting hospitality for Wembley or the Robbie Williams concert, I do however struggle with him attending in lockdown when real fans were forbidden, for what good reason was he there, if he was there, was he there?

Instead of whinging on here why don’t you get in touch with Carol and Kevin and ask them?
That would be the best way to find out what's going on, express your opinion / displeasure and see what Carol says.

Advert:

So what will happen to Johnson tonight?  This memo which was circulating at the weekend amongst Tory MPs is very damaging to him.
TELEMMGLPICT000298788978_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqhNkvlguSCLNAbLFJA3hml09-4ZqRxzcGmwE8VyLcxpw.jpeg?impolicy=logo-overlay WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK  
He's broken the ministerial code, I don't care about his politics, I don't care how well he's done, it should be about his integrity and he has none. So resign.
What a mess
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So what will happen to Johnson tonight?  This memo which was circulating at the weekend amongst Tory MPs is very damaging to him.

He won’t be voted out and he will carry on in the hope everyone forgets about it, Same old.

Advert:

Advert:

Just now, mr.hobblesworth said:

How? Isn't there a 12 month gap between leadership challenges?

The 1922 Committee can apparently change the rules if they want to.  Also, May went 6 months after the no confidence vote because her position became untenable.

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The 1922 Committee can apparently change the rules if they want to.  Also, May went 6 months after the no confidence vote because her position became untenable.

Yeah because no one was backing her version of brexit