Tory Sleaze

tommytunstall

Why would you vote for someone like that? It might be annoying that someone can do this but I don`t see this as being as crooked as most of the corruption that this lot have carried on doing throughout the pandemic such as giving vast amounts of public money to their mates for ppe that wasn`t fit for purpose.

It is obvious that this bunch of Tories think that they are better than us and that normal rules don`t apply to them. 

9 minutes ago, Mario said:

They all the same remember New Labour, Mandelson, cash for honours, they all eat in the same trough

That was indeed sleazy but it was the Labour Party that benefitted from the sale of honours, it wasn’t individual MPs lining their own pockets. 

This is what most of stoke-on-trent voted for. So suck it up. O yeah and when when you cant get stuff for xmas then blame your votes for brexit. I f king  hate that my kids will suffer because of the people that voted for all this crap. No cash for schools, youthclubs, to help blind people like me get in to work, all the rentel houses falling to bits and city centres crawling with rats, dust heads and rubbish. You write wing lot can kiss my a hole. More people living on the streets more crime is all you are going to get when people have no hope no chances.

• Like 1

He has been taking money from the BVI to advise them on corruption charges brought against them by the UK Government.

Up until very recently he was the Attorney General for the very same Government. Now he is working against the state that he is an elected member of.

The BVI is a tax haven so the origin of the money being paid to him could very possibly end up being dodgy as well.

Edited by Santa

That was indeed sleazy but it was the Labour Party that benefitted from the sale of honours, it wasn’t individual MPs lining their own pockets. 
I agree, then you have Tessa Jowell and Berlusconi theres more but Icant be bothered to look em up,7 Labour MPs have been jailed in the last 10 years thankfully they threw Claudia Webb out of the party they are all in it for themselves in one way or another they are all sleazy

30 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Sleaze and corruption for a good cause is ok then?

We just have to be careful who we vote in to decide what/who is a good cause.

This 'all politicians are at it' line isn't helpful. There may be a number of politicians 'at it', but we need to challenge and criticise it when it occurs, not just meekly shrug. Patterson + Cox are in the crosshairs now and need to be appropriately investigated and sanctioned, not just 'but Mandelson'.

Also, to counter the view that 'all politicians are at it'; Gordon Brown earns £1m+ from speeches and writing and donates it all to charity. He also doesn't take the PM pension, which I think makes him the only PM to do so.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bycars rob said:

Why would you vote for someone like that? It might be annoying that someone can do this but I don`t see this as being as crooked as most of the corruption that this lot have carried on doing throughout the pandemic such as giving vast amounts of public money to their mates for ppe that wasn`t fit for purpose.

It is obvious that this bunch of Tories think that they are better than us and that normal rules don`t apply to them. 

This is what happens with safe seats... Cox has a very nice majority in his safe tory seat, so why spend time pounding the pavements bothering the tory voters. An occasional jolly to keep the party activists happy and connected should suffice. Conversely, I'm in probably the safest labour seat in the country where the exsiting incumbent, Jeff Smith, has a nice time occasionally having to work on shadow cabinets, and equally not having to do the yards making sure everything is ok on his patch.

Stoke is a battleground since Brexit so you will see more activity as the present Tory kids will be more active.

• Like 1

I’m not sure that BJ will be the leader of the Tories at the next election. He’s nearly half way through his tenure and in a recent poll Labour were a head, obviously I don’t know who was polled. I think the 1922 committee will decide that BJ isn’t electable and will replace him. Still as they say it doesn’t matter who wins an election, the government will still get voted in. 

1 hour ago, Santa said:

To be fair to Jeff, he put in the yards to win the seat back from The Lib Dems ( & the awful John Leech) and he was around my way last week campaigning for the council by-election.

Lucky you! Never seen him once on my patch. Not even had a campaign leaflet yet, but I imagine there will be one in response to the campaign lines trotted out by the other parties.

My point still stands though. With a healthy majority he doesn't have to work as hard as some of the other MP's