FA Cup R2 Burton A (Away) 2021

robf

7 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Just seen the full draw. Aside from us, the only other tie that looks vaguely interesting is Notts County vs Sheffield Wednesday but even that’s not guaranteed. It wouldn’t surprise me if we got selected for the telly.

Hope that they don't have Salford on again who're at home Vs Chesterfield.  Hoping that they don't select our game either unless it's on late Saturday.

Yeovil, Altrincham/Gateshead , Buxton all likely to be shown live

Surely must be a good chance of the game being televised if BBC and ITV showing 6 matches again.  Not a good set of fixtures for them to choose from, can see Gateshead or Altrincham v Charlton, Buxton v Morecambe, Notts County if they win v Sheffield or Plymouth all getting televised.  After that very little to choose from, they don't tend to pick 2 non league teams who are drawn against each other and of the all football league fixtures, a Staffordshire Derby and us going really well, reckon we might be on.

Would have preferred it at home, but not the worst draw, at least should attract a decent gate so hopefully whatever the result we will get more than we would from some of the teams left. Not sure how many TV games are due to be on but would have thought the following are certain to be in with a chance:- Buxton v Morecambe, Gateshead/Altrincham v Charlton Athletic, Yeovil Town v MK Dons/Stevenage, Rochdale/Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday/Plymouth Argyle think our fixture probably falls on the next list of outside chance alongside Doncaster Rovers v Mansfield Town, Portsmouth v Harrogate Town, Colchester United v Wigan Athletic/Solihull Moors

4 hours ago, valerule4ever said:

Would have preferred it at home, but not the worst draw, at least should attract a decent gate so hopefully whatever the result we will get more than we would from some of the teams left. Not sure how many TV games are due to be on but would have thought the following are certain to be in with a chance:- Buxton v Morecambe, Gateshead/Altrincham v Charlton Athletic, Yeovil Town v MK Dons/Stevenage, Rochdale/Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday/Plymouth Argyle think our fixture probably falls on the next list of outside chance alongside Doncaster Rovers v Mansfield Town, Portsmouth v Harrogate Town, Colchester United v Wigan Athletic/Solihull Moors

I'd think Pompey would be the choice of that latter group.  Win this one, get into third round draw, then the fun begins

I think it's a cracking tie be very surprised if Vale do not sell out there end ,John Brayford plays for them had a nice chat to his parents years ago on train back from Sheffield Utd away .
The way we play I'm confident with a huge following that we can win or at least take them back to Vale Park bare minimum .
Good draw and good test against Jimmy Hasselbanks side UTV.
Darrell Clarkes a winner he will want us in that third round I expect a lot of noise on the day of the game from the Vale following ,I think it will sell out quickly think last time I went there we lost 2-0 with uche getting sent off and us playing ridiculously negatively under R Page away and me shouting and getting extremely annoyed with what I witnessed which was dire to say the least I think we had one effort that game a James O'connor hit and hope it was a shocker of a performance and the away following was excellent on that particular occasion mind I'm sure on another occasion we drew 1-1 and they gave us 2300 tickets or that might have been Macc.
UTV

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Hope that they don't have Salford on again who're at home Vs Chesterfield.  Hoping that they don't select our game either unless it's on late Saturday.

Yeovil, Altrincham/Gateshead , Buxton all likely to be shown live

I thought Salford being on FA Cup tele was part of the ‘magic’ of the Cup. Seems to be one of the traditions anyway.