onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup R2 Burton A (Away) 2021

robf

This is almost a freebie of a game. Win and we’ve got the potential of a big draw, lose and it’s basically what was expected given the team. I’d be inclined to try something different personally given we are going to be short of strikers. 

Cov

Gibbo-Johnson-Legge-Jones

Pett-Walker-Conlon

Amoo-Garrity-Worrall

Play a ‘false 9’ in Garrity who at times was our most attacking player yesterday and push Amoo and Worrall up in support and pack the midfield, hoping to keep it tight and get something off a set piece. 

Advert

7 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

This is almost a freebie of a game. Win and we’ve got the potential of a big draw, lose and it’s basically what was expected given the team. I’d be inclined to try something different personally given we are going to be short of strikers. 

Cov

Gibbo-Johnson-Legge-Jones

Pett-Walker-Conlon

Amoo-Garrity-Worrall

Play a ‘false 9’ in Garrity who at times was our most attacking player yesterday and push Amoo and Worrall up in support and pack the midfield, hoping to keep it tight and get something off a set piece. 

I thought that yesterday, could Garrity play as an emergency striker while we’re short on numbers up top. Is he top scorer behind Wilson and Proctor?

17 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Without strikers, it’s going to be a difficult December and looking at the January fixtures, it could be a difficult 2 months.

Am certain we’ll be bringing in some attacking cover in January.

That’s why we need to find different ways to win. For example, when was the last time we scored a header off a corner or free kick?? 

But with no strikers we need lots of energy in the team and people comfortable of the ball and able to keep possession so we can work the opportunities.

20 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

That’s why we need to find different ways to win. For example, when was the last time we scored a header off a corner or free kick?? 

But with no strikers we need lots of energy in the team and people comfortable of the ball and able to keep possession so we can work the opportunities.

When was the last time we scored a header full stop?  But we don’t play that style really where we just lump crosses in. The amount of fans around me that moan week after week when we try to work different angles instead of just throwing crosses in. Clearly that’s not what we work on in training. 

Im sure someone can quote the stats but there cant be many teams with more players having scored than us - yesterday again was two midfielders 

After that train wreck of an interview on Tueday night, I was so pleased that Garritty scored - even if he didnt have a clue how it went in 😁👍

I think possession is the name of the game now. Create overload in the box with superior energy and fitness levels created by our superior professional set up. A rethink is required that will set us up for some really tough games in tough weather over the next few months, but we have the players and the manager to do it.

We should be taking these cup games really seriously from the perspective of finding a solution to the injury predicament that can work in the league. Set up like a league game, tinker with it, try things out. So that win, lose or draw we have a good idea of what December will look like in the league.

Think whoever said Garrity in a forwards position ,very clever like that also think we could use L Legge up there on occasions  he doesn't necessarily have to score just heading down into a area which creates doubt in the oppositions area could lead to a big goal or 5 .

Really looking forwards to Burton decent away following as long as every single one of them going gets behind the team theres no reason why we cannot do anything it's all about every Vale player having a positive mindset also every supporter also mind you they would not have sold 1800 odd tickets if the mindset of supporters wasnt positive and believing  

Let's hope they are rewarded as football ain't cheap .

Team well how many games is Conlon out for ?

N Smith's lady given birth yet if so do you get 2 weeks paternity leave or whatever  its called its  being a while my youngest is 20 .

So same team as sat for me with possibly one tweak as game is in motion bringing Conlon on and removing one of the two strikers and trying Garrity in that role he certainly has the energy belief and determination bring great rewards for the Vale .

On 26/11/2021 at 13:03, mbycars said:

Never forget that game. We were 3 nil down after 60 minutes and 10 minutes later we were 4 - 3 up. We had loads of chances after that too. Grimsby just folded and were never in the game after that.

Small crowd that day I recall, because it was before Christmas?  Something like 2,743 I think - but the comeback is seared across my brain forever! Wonderful stuff.

Wheres the best place park so can get off quickly .

47 minute drive away 32 miles .

Think I'll have some of that although working till 6a.m the same morning .

What's the weather like ok it's fine here in Stoke on trent but I think Derbyshire looked to me on something I've seen on Facebook a  lot heavier in that region .

UTV (still ain't got me ticket yet still some left though I believe ).

23 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Wheres the best place park so can get off quickly .

47 minute drive away 32 miles .

Think I'll have some of that although working till 6a.m the same morning .

What's the weather like ok it's fine here in Stoke on trent but I think Derbyshire looked to me on something I've seen on Facebook a  lot heavier in that region .

UTV (still ain't got me ticket yet still some left though I believe ).

When  i've been before there is an industrial estate off the roundabout offering parking (A few quid)

Archived