onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup R2 Burton A (Away) 2021

robf

Just a quick random reply to the fella who was with me in the queue from 8.30am this morning (from Macc).

We discussed many stories of our Vale (and other football) memories. I forgot the name of a particular player, knew his name was John  and he was a scouser for sure. Tried to get me to buy him bottles of water from the kiosk at Shrewsbury - said he'd pay me back after!

It was 'John DURNIN' matey. He'll know what I mean if he's on here.

He told me he had played in a corporate five a side comp with an ageing George Best!!

My claim to fame was playing in the same side as Dave Harris, being coached by Frank Sharp and attempting to mark -  Mark Bright!

Advert

22 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

I presume nobody works giving the pics I've seen on Facebook of the queues for Burton tickets. Think I will give this game a miss and go Newport away where I presume there will be no queue for tickets.

With regards to Newport away all away fans have to have a Covid pass to attend. Either proof of both jabs or an up to date negative test. 

17 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Totally agree. The 2 hours flew by . The two guys by me in the queue were very chatty , we went from this season to Norwich years ago when Andy Townsend scored a cracker, to Leeds in the Cup and a very young memory of 4-3 v Grimsby when we were 3 down . 

Far better than standing chuntering. 

That Grimsby game is my favourite Vale memory. I remember the Grimsby fans dancing on the edge of the pitch when they went 3 up. They were fairly quiet after that 😂

I walked into the ticket office at 3pm yesterday and there was no one else but me in the car park.  Served and away with tickets!  Thing is I couldn't have queued as I was working earlier but glad I didn't have a choice having saved 2 hours as I reckon I might have done if I had the choice!!

On 17/11/2021 at 16:45, Playa Amodores said:

Geoff, I’ve not said ST holders aren’t genuine fans, quite the opposite. I based the comment on the MCFC game, when it was reported ppl were having as many tickets as they wanted. Which they then sold to ppl who’d never been to VP and have never seen PVFC play since

always been the case matey, or we would have 20000 gates!

31 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I see our current form has stopped this being a sell out mind you when go on general sale whenever that is I think they only have 400 more sell
UTV

Amazing what a couple of losses does . Had good vibes and atmosphere in the queue, lots of excitement from people. 10 days later and everyone feeling as flat as a witches t** . I do hope we can sell out. 

Love to get through but I'd willingly trade the Accrington victory for a win against Oldham or Walsall instead . 

Unfortunately the saga over Wilson not going off then going off as had a damaging effect on the team since if only that minute hadn't happened who knows the winning run may still be in motion.
Still think if we perform a higher level of performance there will plenty more wins this season to come it's all about the performance only tues and v Mansfield have the levels of performance not being at a level they should be and even if then we managed a draw and only lost tues because I feel the Walsall players had the ref in there pocket as the amount of time wasting they did during the game was shithousery of the highest order .
If the game was allowed to flow 9 times out of 10 we would beat that kind of opposition.
Burtons a massive game let's get some confidence from tomorrow and I believe we can give them a game .

52 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Unfortunately the saga over Wilson not going off then going off as had a damaging effect on the team since if only that minute hadn't happened who knows the winning run may still be in motion.
Still think if we perform a higher level of performance there will plenty more wins this season to come it's all about the performance only tues and v Mansfield have the levels of performance not being at a level they should be and even if then we managed a draw and only lost tues because I feel the Walsall players had the ref in there pocket as the amount of time wasting they did during the game was shithousery of the highest order .
If the game was allowed to flow 9 times out of 10 we would beat that kind of opposition.
Burtons a massive game let's get some confidence from tomorrow and I believe we can give them a game .

Still baffled how he got his injury. Was it in scoring maybe contact with the keeper , was it during the celebration of the goal , was it on resumption of play ?

Answers on a postcard please . 

On 18/11/2021 at 09:31, mikey said:

That Grimsby game is my favourite Vale memory. I remember the Grimsby fans dancing on the edge of the pitch when they went 3 up. They were fairly quiet after that 😂

Never forget that game. We were 3 nil down after 60 minutes and 10 minutes later we were 4 - 3 up. We had loads of chances after that too. Grimsby just folded and were never in the game after that.

Archived