onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup R2 Burton A (Away) 2021

robf

11 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Pretty poor effort that and we have them on Boxing Day too and no doubt another poor effort.

It won’t matter though because if things carry on as they are our Boxing Day crowd will be massive with or without them.  👊🏻UTV 💪🏻

Advert

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

It won’t matter though because if things carry on as they are our Boxing Day crowd will be massive with or without them.  👊🏻UTV 💪🏻

Appreciate that Ray but it's far better when there's good away support.  Not wanting to restrict clubs from being promoted but it doesn't half annoy me when we have decent clubs with good sized followings getting relegated and replaced with the 'upstarts' like Salford.  You can add Harrogate, Stevenage and Crawley to that list amongst others.

We need to move away fans closer to the Railway. Sick of them being on the other side. Kills atmosphere. Even with 100 turning up we could have a bit of liveliness. 

I'm sure there's sensible reasons to do with costs and stewarding, but I just want a bit of aggro and grown men making fools of themselves. 

30 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We need to move away fans closer to the Railway. Sick of them being on the other side. Kills atmosphere. Even with 100 turning up we could have a bit of liveliness. 

I'm sure there's sensible reasons to do with costs and stewarding, but I just want a bit of aggro and grown men making fools of themselves. 

Agree with that joe makes for a better atmosphere it must be crap for the away fans stuck out there on there own 

17 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Agree with that joe makes for a better atmosphere it must be crap for the away fans stuck out there on there own 

I get that it might save a bit of money on stewarding but the chances of actual trouble are very, very low. Only Walsall could I see a few handbags occurring, but as long as keep them in for a bit to let Vale fans out, there won't be a problem. I don't like the complete removal of any back and forth, a staple of the English matchday, in order to remove the 0.0001% chance there's a bit of argy-bargy/save the wages of 10 stewards.

The atmosphere is improving with every win but we need an antagonist; Pell and Vigouroux have served us well but we could really do with 20 lads, free from the mundanity of the 9-5, making a holy show in order to whip us up. I was chuffed when Vigoroux danced about, as it wound the fans up and things were very lively for the last few minutes. I'm not saying it caused the comeback, but it's an interesting coincidence. We find our voice -> better atmosphere -> team getting backed -> goals?

I can sort of understand why you'd do it if you were coldly rational and had no interest in fan experience, but if you want to generate some atmosphere, you shift the away fans to at least the middle section. Bit sick of 76 fans from Tinpot FC being half the ground away.

50 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We’ve had Yems and Coleman in the last two weeks alone, what more do you want?

Off that weekend season ticket holder so hopefully be able get tickets .
If its on live TV I will be chuffed .
There is no pressure on us DC lads play a high level of excellence majority of games all the pressures on them .
Come on Vale put in a fantastic performance .
Proctor will be back Rodney too what's there be scared off
Come on
UTV

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Off that weekend season ticket holder so hopefully be able get tickets .
If its on live TV I will be chuffed .
There is no pressure on us DC lads play a high level of excellence majority of games all the pressures on them .
Come on Vale put in a fantastic performance .
Proctor will be back Rodney too what's there be scared off
Come on
UTV

I’m not sure Rodney will get back in the team. Wilson/Proctor, Wilson/Amoo are the chosen frontline pairings.This pushes Rodney into fourth choice. Just my opinion, not saying I’m right

I’m not sure Rodney will get back in the team. Wilson/Proctor, Wilson/Amoo are the chosen frontline pairings.This pushes Rodney into fourth choice. Just my opinion, not saying I’m right
DC's job to make sure he is pushing for a place and is part of rotation, we need at least 6 strikers.

Archived