Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

In football you tend to know, all things being equal, when you're due a defeat, when a decent run of results has maybe overstayed its welcome and it's time for it to go home.

The mark of a promotion team is to go maybe two or three games further. Bad results will inevitably come around but if you can squeeze a bit more out of a good run then it's never a bad sign.

There were a few times in 2012/13 when we were flying at the start of the season and I thought we were due a bad result, that Saturday/Tuesday double header away at Plymouth & Fleetwood away being one of them.

Edited by Santa

A lot of people myself included are quite nervy about today. 

Lots of factors contributing to that. However in the cold light of day yes these are a big fish but they currently sit 12th. Maybe underachieving who knows, but on another site I use where lots of league 2 fans frequent there is a sense of anger and disgruntlement amongst the Bradford fans. 

Nothing to fear here , let's get at them early doors and get top of the league this afternoon. 

5 minutes ago, Santa said:

In football you tend to know, all things being equal, when you're due a defeat, when a decent run of results has maybe overstayed its welcome and it's time for it to go home.

The mark of a promotion team is to go maybe two or three games further. Bad results will inevitably come around but if you can squeeze a bit more out of a good run then it's never a bad sign.

There were a few times in 2012/13 when we were flying at the start of the season and I thought we were due a bad result, that Saturday/Tuesday double header away at Plymouth & Fleetwood away being one of them.

Really looking forward to today's game.

I love it that we're now worrying about being on too good a run 😃 

Far preferable to worrying about staying in the league or ever winning again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m worried about today but at the end of the day if we lose we lose. It’s no more important than any other game. It’s still 3 points at stake the same as next week. These will be a decent side i think, especially if they have players back from injury. 

Who won't be match fit...

17 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

How many more people are having a feeling we going lose ,this is a vibrant Vale for the record I think they will win 3-0 Garrity Wilson and Legge the scorers and I will be shouting from the rooftops to encourage them to do so from the minute I get in the game to the minute I get out the ground .
Sky being there has over hyped it somewhat ,disappointed that not one end of our ground sold out it deserves be in fact I think the owners deserves 10 k rack up tomorrow .
Oh well strange footballing area
UTV

When i bought a ticket online for my daughter yesterday, there were very few seats left in Lorne ST

• Like 1