Jump to content

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City


Breadwinner

Recommended Posts

Advert:


5 minutes ago, queenybantam07 said:


It was all tongue-in-cheek, don’t worry. Aside from chipping in with the odd goal, he’s done nothing of any note. Again, the only reason why he’s being given an opportunity is because our injury list is beyond comprehensible - it’s been this way all season. 
 

Injury list: Andy Cook, Abo Eisa, Liam Ridehalgh, Caolan Lavery, Paudie O’Connor (although he might be fit for Sat). All would feature in our starting XI, if fit. 
 

As for the game, I’m not anticipating much. If I’m honest, I’m no longer interested. I just hope we can stay in the mix until January window, where we will undoubtedly strengthen the squad. 
 

About 1,000 travelling. Shame it’s on Sky and kicking off at 12pm, because if we was actually any good, we’d be taking more than double down. As it always is with Vale away, it’s either on a Tuesday night or we’re in terrible form. 
 

GK: Richard O’Donnell 

 

RB: Oscar Threlkeld

CB: Paudie O’Connor 

CB: Niall Canavan 

LB: Matty Foulds 

 

CM: Yann Songo’o 

CM: Elliot Watt 

 

RW: Alex Gilliead 

CAM: Callum Cooke 

LW: Charles Vernam 

 

ST: Theo Robinson 

 

We’re without too scorer Andy Cook, so I’d probably take a draw as it stands. 
 

Good luck! 

 

 

Honestly, bar Robinson, that's a really decent starting 11 and you've undoubtedly got a manager who knows how to win in this league. 

Your underlying stats suggest you should be way higher than 12th and you're on a horrendous run of fixtures (5th, 1st, 2nd, with Exeter in the cup in between). 

I think Bradford will finish top 7 this year, as you're only 2 points off with that injury list. It sounds daft considering the form we're in but I honestly take a steady draw on Saturday. Just have the feeling that both sides are going to regress to the mean a bit and all the added stuff around Saturday makes it the perfect game to do so.

Edited by Joe B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, queenybantam07 said:


It was all tongue-in-cheek, don’t worry. Aside from chipping in with the odd goal, he’s done nothing of any note. Again, the only reason why he’s being given an opportunity is because our injury list is beyond comprehensible - it’s been this way all season. 
 

Injury list: Andy Cook, Abo Eisa, Liam Ridehalgh, Caolan Lavery, Paudie O’Connor (although he might be fit for Sat). All would feature in our starting XI, if fit. 
 

As for the game, I’m not anticipating much. If I’m honest, I’m no longer interested. I just hope we can stay in the mix until January window, where we will undoubtedly strengthen the squad. 
 

About 1,000 travelling. Shame it’s on Sky and kicking off at 12pm, because if we was actually any good, we’d be taking more than double down. As it always is with Vale away, it’s either on a Tuesday night or we’re in terrible form. 
 

GK: Richard O’Donnell 

 

RB: Oscar Threlkeld

CB: Paudie O’Connor 

CB: Niall Canavan 

LB: Matty Foulds 

 

CM: Yann Songo’o 

CM: Elliot Watt 

 

RW: Alex Gilliead 

CAM: Callum Cooke 

LW: Charles Vernam 

 

ST: Theo Robinson 

 

We’re without top scorer Andy Cook (7), so I’d probably take a draw as it stands. 
 

Good luck! 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, queenybantam07 said:

We’re without top scorer Andy Cook (7)

Vale also without top scorer Jamie Proctor (7).  However since he was injured we've scored  3, 1, 3, 4, 5, 5. That's 21 goals in 6 games or 3.5 goals per game.

Lump yer money on a 0-0 in front of the Sky TV cameras kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


3 hours ago, Santa said:

Glad Eisa is injured. He was handy against us for Scunny last year.


News just in: Paudie O’Connor, Liam Ridehalgh and Abo Eisa all fit for selection - a masssive boost. Lavery a possibility but Cook is definitely out.
 

Have a feeling Lee Angol could make the starting XI. Eisa for the bench.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Honestly, bar Robinson, that's a really decent starting 11 and you've undoubtedly got a manager who knows how to win in this league. 

Your underlying stats suggest you should be way higher than 12th and you're on a horrendous run of fixtures (5th, 1st, 2nd, with Exeter in the cup in between). 

I think Bradford will finish top 7 this year, as you're only 2 points off with that injury list. It sounds daft considering the form we're in but I honestly take a steady draw on Saturday. Just have the feeling that both sides are going to regress to the mean a bit and all the added stuff around Saturday makes it the perfect game to do so.


The amount of points we’ve just thrown away is ridiculous. I don’t know much about XG stats, but I’m sure we’re top of almost all that matter. Chances created etc. Just so wasteful in that final third, but susceptible to conceding scrappy goals in the last 10 mins of games. 
 

Even with the injuries we’ve had all season, we should really have at least 7 more points on the board - and we haven’t even played on that well. I just think the quality in this league is <ovf censored>! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, queenybantam07 said:


News just in: Paudie O’Connor, Liam Ridehalgh and Abo Eisa all fit for selection - a masssive boost. Lavery a possibility but Cook is definitely out.
 

Have a feeling Lee Angol could make the starting XI. Eisa for the bench.  

Bugger 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, queenybantam07 said:


The amount of points we’ve just thrown away is ridiculous. I don’t know much about XG stats, but I’m sure we’re top of almost all that matter. Chances created etc. Just so wasteful in that final third, but susceptible to conceding scrappy goals in the last 10 mins of games. 
 

Even with the injuries we’ve had all season, we should really have at least 7 more points on the board - and we haven’t even played on that well. I just think the quality in this league is <ovf censored>! 

Agreed on your last sentence. Most sides we have played this season have looked dreadful, even sides like Harrogate, forest Green didn’t look great either! We wasted points early on in the season, missing chances for fun, messing up from winning positions against Rochdale and Sutton spring to mind as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd use kidology if I was running the websites on the Vale pages on Facebook I'd be putting the Railway paddock is nearly sold out for sat ,lorne Street limited spaces in there and the stands filling nicely,even the bycars has folk in it (lol) for Saturdays live game where I hope the watching public get see the best of Vales heart and character .
Do not watch it on your sky box get down to the Vale and make a difference with your big gobs and encourage the Vale to yet another fine home performance .
Be there as for Bradford that Eisa is a very good player and I'm sure they will be decent however we are Vale and we haven't got any standout players we have a standout squad of players ,it's not about individuals it's a team game and we have a TEAM regardless of whether they show it Saturday to watching public or not ,let's hope they do .
UTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, queenybantam07 said:


News just in: Paudie O’Connor, Liam Ridehalgh and Abo Eisa all fit for selection - a masssive boost. Lavery a possibility but Cook is definitely out.
 

Have a feeling Lee Angol could make the starting XI. Eisa for the bench.  

All good players they are but we have one or two decent ones ourselves tbf,i guess it will come down to who performs best on the day,it wont be a disaster if we lose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

it's an early kickoff they have shifted 1200 tickets and it's pay on the day so might be heading for 7k?

7K would be brilliant. I just hope the crowd the can generate the noise and atmosphere of the last 10 mins of the Orient game. When Vale fans get involved in the game it really does create so much pressure on opposition players and officials.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a ST holder and wasn’t going to go this as I have to pick and choose a little living away from the area so made sense to go Colchester and watch this on TV… lot of sucking up to the wifey and will be there Saturday now! Another big test, we’ve been passing them with flying colours in recent weeks let’s hope it can continue

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


If someone in the UK can't get to the game, doesn't have Sky, doesn't live near a pub that's showing this  and only has a basic grasp of IT stuff, are there 'other ways' of watching this? 
If you have a tenner, WiFi and a pc/laptop, loads of options, none of which are strictly legal

Or you could go round a mate's house and watch his Sky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...