Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

42 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

My sisters wedding on Saturday so cant make it gutted the ceremony starts at half 12 aswell so cant even watch it on tv, i asked if she minded putting it back a couple of hours but she didnt seem too impressed with that idea 🤣

You can't make the wedding and she's putting it on TV ? 

Fair play to her. Stick it on your phone as you roar the boys on. 

Great sister that sounds 😂

Advert:

54 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

My sisters wedding on Saturday so cant make it gutted the ceremony starts at half 12 aswell so cant even watch it on tv, i asked if she minded putting it back a couple of hours but she didnt seem too impressed with that idea 🤣

Tourtalk TT-DEP25 Earphones (bag of 25)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s not a defining game in terms of the season! However a defining game in terms where we are and can we perform when the pressures on. I hope we can I would love us to do these good and proper. Still being a Vale fan expect the unexpected.
Performing when the pressure is on consistently is built on experience, we have a few players with promotion experience, a few who came through must win games. DC has done it in the past and knows what it takes to build team spirit. Football is a funny old game, but this game is not a crunch game, however I still want to win every game well.

Advert:

1 hour ago, Doha said:

I have a mad feeling he's going to start Benning for this game. 

You cant feel that way if you went to the game last night.  Benning just average, no more than that.  Unless one of either Gibbo or Wozz  aren’t fully fit there’s no way on earth will they not play.

20 hours ago, queenybantam07 said:

From an attacking perspective, he’s way down the pecking order if we had any of our first choice strikers fit. That being said, 3 goals in his last 4. 

Be afraid - be very afraid. 

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. He had his chance to show what he could do here and didn't take it. Good luck to him if he can make it with Bradford but I won't be concerned if he starts on Saturday - Smithy has faced better this year and come out on top.

Advert:

Back to reality of the league.

The 1st game of a run with 3 home out of the next 4. We really need a big effort from players and fans to take advantage of our home form with the hope to get some daylight between us and 4th place. Would be brilliant to put on a show for the cameras but I would happily take a scrappy win.

Edited by MBE

21 hours ago, queenybantam07 said:

From an attacking perspective, he’s way down the pecking order if we had any of our first choice strikers fit. That being said, 3 goals in his last 4. 

Be afraid - be very afraid. 

Our last 4 games we’ve scored 17, conceded 2.

Be afraid- Be very afraid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

8 hours ago, darren1810 said:

You can't make the wedding and she's putting it on TV ? 

Fair play to her. Stick it on your phone as you roar the boys on. 

Great sister that sounds 😂

Mate got married a few years ago and several of us at the back had bought small radios for our pockets and an earpiece in.  The lady doing the service commented half way through - Mark are they your bouncers at the back and I take it England has just scored.  Yes we had cheered by accident. 🤣

You need to get a small radio and ear piece.  Sorted.

18 hours ago, gavcradd said:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. He had his chance to show what he could do here and didn't take it. Good luck to him if he can make it with Bradford but I won't be concerned if he starts on Saturday - Smithy has faced better this year and come out on top.

It was all tongue-in-cheek, don’t worry. Aside from chipping in with the odd goal, he’s done nothing of any note. Again, the only reason why he’s being given an opportunity is because our injury list is beyond comprehensible - it’s been this way all season. 

Injury list: Andy Cook, Abo Eisa, Liam Ridehalgh, Caolan Lavery, Paudie O’Connor (although he might be fit for Sat). All would feature in our starting XI, if fit. 

As for the game, I’m not anticipating much. If I’m honest, I’m no longer interested. I just hope we can stay in the mix until January window, where we will undoubtedly strengthen the squad. 

About 1,000 travelling. Shame it’s on Sky and kicking off at 12pm, because if we was actually any good, we’d be taking more than double down. As it always is with Vale away, it’s either on a Tuesday night or we’re in terrible form. 

GK: Richard O’Donnell 

RB: Oscar Threlkeld

CB: Paudie O’Connor 

CB: Niall Canavan 

LB: Matty Foulds 

CM: Yann Songo’o 

CM: Elliot Watt 

RW: Alex Gilliead 

CAM: Callum Cooke 

LW: Charles Vernam 

ST: Theo Robinson 

We’re without top scorer Andy Cook (7), so I’d probably take a draw as it stands. 

Good luck! 

Edited by queenybantam07
  • Like 4