Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

Advert:

I was never a fan and I'm glad he's gone, but I don't think Robinson was poor today. I thought he looked a threat to an extent, but luckily made a pigs ear of one or two situations. It's just that the fella they replaced him with scored a great header and also looked better because it coincided with them having more of the ball and their tails up after the equaliser. 

But I've seen him have far, far worse games for us than what he showed today.

Edited by Beech

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Interesting that Burgess is re-registered into the squad. Not sure what to read into that. 

I was surprised. Apparently he's on the picture yesterday with the rest of the squad . 

Can't be lack of numbers so maybe he's shown good application in training ? 

49 minutes ago, Beech said:

Unless you have no choice, for me Lloyd is one to bring on if you're chasing a game and need another body in and around the box. His hold up play is none existent so he certainly shouldn't be considered as a lone striker.

He wasn’t a lone striker, Rodney was on as well. 

Advert:

I suppose it a mark of where we are when we are disappointed with a point! Far to many below par performances , not to single anyone out Dan Jones was poor on his distribution yes! but there was nothing wrong with his tackling. Overall not a good team performance had by far the better chances to win it. 

8 minutes ago, Beech said:

I was never a fan and I'm glad he's gone, but I don't think Robinson was poor today. I thought he looked a threat to an extent, but luckily made a pigs ear of one or two situations. It's just that the fella they replaced him with scored a great header and also looked better because it coincided with them having more of the ball and their tails up after the equaliser. 

But I've seen him have far, far worse games for us than what he showed today.

He a damn sight more mobile and keen than bloody Rodney who has no brain for football.

1 hour ago, osprey said:

If Wilson had stayed on I think we would have won that 

Possibly, but we were never at the races today. A player would do something good and then pass and give it away. Can’t understand if there was a communication breakdown as he was limping after he scored, then DC makes two subs straight away and leaves Wilson on and five mins later we have to take him off. Good job no one was seriously injured after that and couldn’t carry on. Amoo did nothing but then made the goal. I’d have taken Wilson off left Amoo on and told him to start putting himself about and let their defenders know that they’d been in a game. Rodneys control is absolutely shocking. I wouldn’t loan him out in January, I’d sell if a club makes an offer

• Like 1

Rodney today reminded me of Robinson last season for us. Not interested in trying at all. I’d drop Rodney from the squad now, Clarke mentioned before the game it’s tough even to pick a bench, and I’m not seeing what Rodney offers at the moment. It’s frustrating because he was very good last season, but he’s been utterly atrocious this season 

• Like 3

Advert:

59 minutes ago, Beech said:

Legge for Smith is an easy call to make for the next game. Would also take out Garrity. He's done well so far, better than expected, but still looks like a bit of a work in progress for me at times.

So you would bring back Legge (30 minutes played in 10 weeks) for Smith. Priceless you are.

• Like 1

Some of the stick Rodney is receiving is slightly bewildering, in my opinion.

Yeah, the lad wasn’t great but he was thrown on today after playing a total of 104 minutes since the Swindon sending off. Some of the blame must go to Clarke, he should have possibly brought on Politic. 

For all the people saying he looks uninterested and is lazy, I genuinely believe that’s his style of play. 

Get behind the lad because, as we all know, he’s an asset for the Vale and a talent. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Yeah, the lad wasn’t great but he was thrown on today after playing a total of 104 minutes since the Swindon sending off. Some of the blame must go to Clarke, he should have possibly brought on Politic. 

For all the people saying he looks uninterested and is lazy, I genuinely believe that’s his style of play. 

Get behind the lad because, as we all know, he’s an asset for the Vale and a talent. 

I’m not sure he is. He barely looked a footballer at times today. 

There is a reason he’s only played that amount of time and the sending off was his own fault. He should be trying to make and impact like politic to make Clarke start him. Not be completely disinterested from the word go. Clarke got the sub wrong, but that Dosent mean the player can’t put some effort in 

1 minute ago, Portvale4 said:

When we had a throw on his wing he wasn't even looking at the thrower he was facing the other direction. Not switched on or disinterested,either way an amateurs mistake.

• Like 2

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

When we had a throw on his wing he wasn't even looking at the thrower he was facing the other direction. Not switched on or disinterested,either way an amateurs mistake.

I agree totally. It was when Gibbo tried to take a quick throw in. 

Just a thought and I'm not defending Rodney standing like a statue. But I wonder if from that range the players assume Jones will launch it hence he wasn't looking properly. 

By the way we have still yet to score a single goal from a long throw in all season. That has to change or just ditch it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Yes, you’re right looking into the Bycars instead of turning around and facing Gibbo giving him an option of a quick throw. Gibbo gave him a lambasting for that