Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

A point was probably a fair result. We were poor and I think many of us expected us to be below par after a great run and live on sky.

We never kept the ball to have sustained pressure. Too many long aimless balls, from Jones especially. 

Take the point and move on. 

Advert:

Good game of football that. A really good advert for league 2 football I thought. Either team could have won, both missed clear chances and both could have had a red card. I’ll take a point, disappointed not to win after going 1-0 up but a point is ok. 

Do think the subs really hampered us today. Thought Rodney was dreadful and we basically had 10 me on (not sure why amoo was taken off) shame for Wilson, I would have bought politic on over Lloyd who should have had 2 (think the first was offside) 

Just very sloppy on the ball today but they are clearly a decent side and once they took that clown off upfront they looked dangerous. 

Thought Covalon did very well, Conlon, Pett, Worrall and gibbons all decent. Thought cass was poor and Rodney shocking. 

Decent point, good game. <ovf censored> ref. 

Advert:

How long are we going to keep saying Devante will come good because he had a decent first season? He looks absolutely woeful right now and is literally stealing his wage. He's not even a kid, it's not like he's 18 or 19. He'll be 24 before long.

Edited by Beech
  • Confused 1

Oh and Jones' passing was woeful today, I wouldn't be surprised if the completion rate except for short range 1-2s got above a single digit percentage. Constantly giving it away really poorly. 

Agree with Osprey, if Wilson hadn't picked up that knock I think on balance of probability he'd have likely put that Lloyd chance away. 

• Like 1

I didn’t think we’d win today, but frustrating that having nosed in front we couldn’t see it out. Listening to Radio Joke, I don’t understand why the Amoo/Rodney switch was made when even they were saying Wilson was injured, so surely better to hold off 5 minutes or so. I suspect we’d that reacted by bringing on someone to deal with Angol otherwise. Nevermind, could be an important point at the end of the season.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, osprey said:

For the Bradford goal, Smith had a chance to put the ball into row Z and instead passed it straight to their guy who centred it 

That's because his passing/hoofing is dreadful. Love his commitment and everything, but his actual quality leaves a lot to be desired. How hard can it be to boot a ball in the air?

Edited by Beech

I think Bradford will be up there at the end of the season and we were really poor today compared to what we are capable of, so I suppose you can easily see that in a positive way. Would just be nice to actually perform in front of cameras and a big crowd for once.

Edited by Beech

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Beech said:

I think Bradford will be up there at the end of the season and we were really poor today compared to what we are capable of, so I suppose you can easily see that in a positive way. Would just be nice to actually perform in front of cameras and a big crowd for once.

Didn’t think we were bad, just weren’t as good as normal but that is partly down to the opposition as well. Passing was sloppy I think if Wilson didn’t go off injured we win that game. He would have put away Lloyds chances 

Just now, llcoolj said:

Wilson said he was OK to continue

He went down just before the sub and was limping off the pitch held up by the physio so not a good idea. No point losing him for a while by aggravating a muscle injury.

The 7+ consecutive home wins record was always going to stumble at some point and for it to happen in November I'm not too downtrodden actually that it was today. Next game Smallsall, return to normal programming for that one, another well below standards performance like today is not an option. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Didn’t think we were bad, just weren’t as good as normal but that is partly down to the opposition as well. Passing was sloppy I think if Wilson didn’t go off injured we win that game. He would have put away Lloyds chances 

We played some good stuff at times, but were equally as sloppy too. Jones was abysmal. Couldn't pass wind today properly, it would come out of his nostrils if he tried. Thought Cass was really sloppy too. Taking off Amoo and then bringing off Wilson moments later really cost us. Proctor can't come back quick enough.

Edited by Beech