onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

With regards to the Politic v Rodney debate, Politic seemed the obvious choice to come on but if we’re to see the best of Rodney he needs game time.  DC tries to give every player some minutes and Rod had some today.  Politic has been very effective when he’s come on, Rodney less so, but that doesn’t make Rod a bad player.

Advert

What was said on sky sports about the performance .
Should they have being down to 10 men .
Was Smith the last man when he hauled down Angol or whatever his name was .
Did there goalie take out Rodney it was hard to tell from.Railway stand .
7010 attendance that's brilliant for Vale over 6200 Vale there brilliant that shame the occassional supporters who racked up didn't see our A game it was more like our D or E game ,better than the Mansfield performance though .
I think the crowd were very negative after we took the lead there's should have been hell of a lot more encouragement coming from each stand there wasn't very disappointing that.
UTV

Got to say, sitting on the Lorne Street side I couldn't believe their full back stayed on in first half.

Second half it became GBH once Bradford realised the Ref was incompetent.

Thought Wilson cost us by not being honest with Clarke.

Can't believe how some Posters on here expect players who have been out injured to be match fit as soon as they come back from injury.

Rodney needs game time that's why he came on. Politic can clearly win a game, but he can always lose us a match for failing to do the defensive side of the game.

Think there are some rose tinted glasses being worn on here tonight where Politic is concerned.

DC was correct in bringing on a harder working player in Lloyd IMHO

BTW we are still 2nd from top!

5 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

I like Cass, but can't help but feel that he's playing more minutes than we'd like as a result of poor recruitment at the back over the summer. He struggled today

Absolute nonsense mate. Get a grip.

Conceded the 4th least in the division. Won 10 of our last 13. 2nd in the table. Recruitment at the back has been good.  Utter rubbish and reactionary foolishness. Were you on the forums saying this when we were putting 3-4-5 past everyone? Or just today when a decent side scored a decent goal?

1 hour ago, valiantastic said:

we are starting to see a pattern from the types of goals we are conceding lately. Big man cross in the box and our current 3 can’t deal with it. if we get that right then we will have a lot more points. teams will see this trend and start doing what Sutton did and just fling it in because they know our current 3 are weak at attacking the ball. can’t complain right now where we are in the league but i do hope we sort this defensive frailty out 

Rubbish. Every team concedes goal. We concede far less than most.

Sometimes opponents score goals and there is nothing you can do about it. We've conceded one of these goals in our last 6 before today, against Crawley. What connection did this have to the goal Accrington scored? Or Barrow? Or Mansfield?

None of this nonsense was being spouted when we were winning every week. 

"defensive recruitment not good"

"a pattern in the goals we concede"

"Hope we sort this defensive frailty out"

Proper last game analysis from fellas whose memories don't extend beyond the previous game.

We're in the best form of any team in England, conceding the 4th least in the league, and conceded one against a decent side today.

Do people expect us to win all 46 games and never concede? They put a cracking ball in the box and Angol flicked it in perfectly. Referencing Sutton which occurred 8 games ago and we've won 7 of them. A pattern, apparently! Defensive frailties! Not a peep of this nature when we're scoring 17 in 4 and putting our best home form together since the early 60s.

Concede one goal and grown men are on forums fuming. Poor recruitment and frailties. These lads won't be happy till we win all 46 games 3-0, and even then they'd be questioning we haven't scored 4.

Utter nonsense. 

Ben Garrity scored late on v Swindon and i think he was playing well second half ,I think bringing him off was the mistake along with Amoo ok Amoo wasn't winning balls in the air but he was direct with his running and got Vale into good positions .
As my lad rightly said Garrity and Politic are excellent players today DC has made the wrong subs he could have brought on Legge for aerial power in both boxes and Politic for the ability to go past players and create space for others in doing so .
Wilson going off also disrupted our rhythm as I didn't feel Bradford were troubling us at all apart from a flashing header from a corner just wide we were beginning to find our play .
Last 25 of first half we were getting our game together with Gibbons and Conlon forcing excellent saves from there keeper .

10 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Ben Garrity scored late on v Swindon and i think he was playing well second half ,I think bringing him off was the mistake along with Amoo ok Amoo wasn't winning balls in the air but he was direct with his running and got Vale into good positions .
As my lad rightly said Garrity and Politic are excellent players today DC has made the wrong subs he could have brought on Legge for aerial power in both boxes and Politic for the ability to go past players and create space for others in doing so .
Wilson going off also disrupted our rhythm as I didn't feel Bradford were troubling us at all apart from a flashing header from a corner just wide we were beginning to find our play .
Last 25 of first half we were getting our game together with Gibbons and Conlon forcing excellent saves from there keeper .

Garrity breaks play up and gives us some added height in midfield but Clarke has gambled on Taylor providing a bit more quality.  Amoo was providing a physical presence but might have been knackered.

8 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Legge wasn’t even on the bench to bring on. He isn’t match fit yet for league duty. It wasn’t poor subs, it was bad luck. He made his two subs but then Wilson was injured and had told Clarke he was fine (Clarke mentions this in his post match interview) so he thought he was okay to make the subs he did. Wilson goes down and he is forced to make his third sub and had to bring on an attacking player. It’s one of those, if Wilson was okay he probably would have had him out on the pitch for 90 minutes and brought Politic on but his hand was forced. 

Regarding the talk on Cass, there’s no doubt he’s a superb player. Just glides around the pitch but he had a bad game today. Every player has them but talk about bad recruitment etc is madness. What he offers the team on top of his defensive duties is the ability to drive forward with the ball, it’s an additional attacking player and Jones seems to sit back in a more centralised role when he pushes up. He is quality, he’s young, he will mess up every now and again but we are lucky to have him in the team because if we don’t sign him and Newcastle get rid, he won’t be playing in League 2 next season. 

The goal we conceded was a bit of a mess though. This isn’t a knee-jerk reaction and I’m not panicking but I have noticed that when we do concede it’s crosses into the box (Sutton is a great example). Legge, when fit will offer that aerial cover but he won’t be able to play every minute for the rest of the season. Smudge ran the ball out of the area and then gave it Bradford back, out of position the ball is crossed into the box and Cass isn’t able to get his head on it. 

Covolan’s save at the end was magnificent. I was in line with it in the Paddock. I think it went through someone’s legs, would have seen it late and he made got down so quick to his right. 

What I love about this team is, even when it was 1-1, our attack had been stripped back with necessary subs, I still felt we could win it. They are instilling a belief in the fans that anything is possible. 

The goal conceded today was down to smith not putting the ball out into touch and also bring our best header as a defender then being out of position when the ball comes in from the cross 

not blaming him as such just that was what happened 

23 minutes ago, southport vale said:

Today DC got it wrong. Never seen us play such long ball as today under him. Very
surprised the pressing game was lacking. When we went 1up should have brought on Legge. The more I see Rodney the more he reminds me off JJ Hooper he seems to have regressed

How can you bring on a player who wasn't on the bench.

14 hours ago, knapperm said:

People blaming Smith for their goal, yes he should have put it into the stand but Cass should have done a lot better on the cross and put Angol under pressure rather than a free header.

I think a mistake was made in not bringing Martin on tbh(Wilsons injury didn't help) as he would of been with Angol to at least challenge with him and then who knows what would of happened...hindsight is a wonderful thing i guess

7 hours ago, southport vale said:

Today DC got it wrong. Never seen us play such long ball as today under him. Very
surprised the pressing game was lacking. When we went 1up should have brought on Legge. The more I see Rodney the more he reminds me off JJ Hooper he seems to have regressed

Bought Legge on , he wasn’t on the bench!!!

would of won with better refereeing and more clinical finishing but Bradford will be more happier with that result , reading some on here you’d think we’d lost ! When I looked we are still second 

Archived