onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

Advert

4 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Did Wilson get injured scoring the goal or celebrating it when players piled in on him. From that moment he was limping.

I think he did it in the celebration. He seemed to run away from the goal with no problem. 

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

And also Conlon allowed their player to waltz past him without any effort to tackle or harry him prior to the Smith "clearance,"

Noticed that. They played a one / two past Conlon who looked absolutely shattered. Several of our players cover so much ground i am not surprised they can get caught flat footed occasionally.

Smith was a poor mistake. Someone also blamed Cass for not stopping the header. Smith is also the best one to be challenging someone like Angol in the box. Cass and Jones are both suspect to a good cross in the box. Angol is a dirty player and needs someone to fight him. ' Not Cass or Jones '

Covalan 7 no chance with goal made a good save early doors and made a good stop near the end
Cass 6
Smith 6
Jones 5
Gibbons 7
Worrall 6
Conlon 7.6star man cracking shot saved and put it on a plate for Lloyd score of which he didn't.
Garrity 6 gave the ball away a few times first half but I'm not surprised the amount of leg work that lad does is tremendous ,second half he was actually playing well as he got on the end of a ball in I thought he should have scored myself I'd have kept him on his strong work ethic would have given him.another chance and then he would have netted
Pett 7.5
Amoo 7.4
Wilson 7
Subs I'm not going mark thought Lloyd buzzed about and should have scored ,Rodney never got the ball so no comment and Taylor just wasn't involved .

Probably the most careless we've been all season in possession. I think the tv cameras affected a few players, especially in the first 20 minutes when we either i) hoofed it or ii) tried to get it down but within 2 passes we'd frustratingly pass it to a Bradford player. So uncharacteristic. 

The subs were really weird for me. I know Clarke has said that Wilson indicated that he could carry on, but the commentators had noticed minutes before the subs that Wilson was struggling and limping. Surely one of our coaches had too? We didn't win the game because of that impatience or lack of ownership over Wilson's condition, because having no subs remaining left us unable to manage the game in that 30 minutes in the way we'd have liked to.

Their goal comes from Smith being 'dragged out' after failing to properly clear the ball. We saw what happens when Cass and Jones are left to defend crosses at Sutton, and it happened again with their equaliser. I like Cass, but can't help but feel that he's playing more minutes than we'd like as a result of poor recruitment at the back over the summer. He struggled today.

Fabulous attendance no doubt helped by the number of kids in the Bycars. Was so great to see healthy numbers behind the goal and the kids were clearly very excited by the action. Well done to the club on that front. 

I think we'll see plenty of changes on Saturday ahead of Sat - Tue - Sat, especially given Smith is suspended and Wilson may be injured. No reason why we can't maintain this position with the next three fixtures coming against sides who are out of form, but we'll need to lean on the squad depth to do so.

22 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Did Wilson get injured scoring the goal or celebrating it when players piled in on him. From that moment he was limping.

My thoughts too. 

When he limped over to the touch line be fore the restart and i saw Vale making two subs i thought he is off. He then walked back to centre circle and i thought he wants a good send off, deserved, when subbed. Shocked when he stayed on.

Big mistake by DC today. He also said afterwards perhaps he should have left the sub a few minutes although it was Wilson who said he is fine.

Amoo would have stayed on, with Lloyd and then allow Martin to come on.

Oldham are not going to be a nailed on three points! We need to get back to basics and play at 7 or 8 out of 10 . Hope we can quickly get back on track and get the next winning run under way.Today has not been the best but it’s another point there’s nobody in there squad an better than ours..

Just now, Sandyford_Lion said:

My thoughts too. 

When he limped over to the touch line be fore the restart and i saw Vale making two subs i thought he is off. He then walked back to centre circle and i thought he wants a good send off, deserved, when subbed. Shocked when he stayed on.

Big mistake by DC today. He also said afterwards perhaps he should have left the sub a few minutes although it was Wilson who said he is fine.

Amoo would have stayed on, with Lloyd and then allow Martin to come on.

I do think though that DC trusts his players and Wilson's word was enough for him. 

I guess it wasn't a great situation and it backfired but I'm one for giving leeway because the player said he was okay. 

17 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Probably the most careless we've been all season in possession. I think the tv cameras affected a few players, especially in the first 20 minutes when we either i) hoofed it or ii) tried to get it down but within 2 passes we'd frustratingly pass it to a Bradford player. So uncharacteristic. 

The subs were really weird for me. I know Clarke has said that Wilson indicated that he could carry on, but the commentators had noticed minutes before the subs that Wilson was struggling and limping. Surely one of our coaches had too? We didn't win the game because of that impatience or lack of ownership over Wilson's condition, because having no subs remaining left us unable to manage the game in that 30 minutes in the way we'd have liked to.

Their goal comes from Smith being 'dragged out' after failing to properly clear the ball. We saw what happens when Cass and Jones are left to defend crosses at Sutton, and it happened again with their equaliser. I like Cass, but can't help but feel that he's playing more minutes than we'd like as a result of poor recruitment at the back over the summer. He struggled today.

Fabulous attendance no doubt helped by the number of kids in the Bycars. Was so great to see healthy numbers behind the goal and the kids were clearly very excited by the action. Well done to the club on that front. 

I think we'll see plenty of changes on Saturday ahead of Sat - Tue - Sat, especially given Smith is suspended and Wilson may be injured. No reason why we can't maintain this position with the next three fixtures coming against sides who are out of form, but we'll need to lean on the squad depth to do so.

Agree totally re: Cass. With Legge injured and Johnson not showing any form Cass fits into the back three as a ball player. Never seen the Vale play so much football from the back than with Cass and Jones, but not today

Surprised Martinis not in there but then again Martin and Smith are both central in the three and not a ' footballer ' on the right. Martin for Smith next week, doubt Legge will be ready but either side of the central man i am not so sure defensively.

13 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I do think though that DC trusts his players and Wilson's word was enough for him. 

I guess it wasn't a great situation and it backfired but I'm one for giving leeway because the player said he was okay. 

A few minutes would have answered any doubts. Dont forget he had not tried to run since the goal

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Darren I don’t think we can ditch it as they’re as good as corners when he takes the throw from around the opposition penalty area. It’s also good when we’re defending to get the ball down the line. You’re right that we need to utilise it better.

They are as good as a corner, but how often do we score from a corner!? Running joke around where I sit, never seem to score direct from a corner & yet to score directly from one of the long throws. Mind bogging really.

Archived