onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

Not too disappointed with today. Yes, we weren't at the very high standards of the last few weeks. Yes, we all feel a bit deflated. But the fact that we didn't lose and actually played well in parts, still creating chances, is telling. Had we played that way for the past 4 seasons, and got a draw, we'd have been very relieved and quite pleased given the crap that we were generally served up with.

Advert

Not our greatest performance overall but it’s one more point than we had at the start of the day so can’t complain really. Just hope Wilson is ok, if it was him with that chance at the end rather than Lloyd I’m confident in saying we’d have won. Think sometimes have to credit the opposition too, they were decent.

On to Oldham, good opportunity of three points before we get to put Walsall firmly in their place.

43 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

You’re right, the sending off was his fault. The other reasons are due to a reoccurring heel injury and the birth of his child, otherwise I’m sure he’d be back in contention after his suspension.

I just feel some of the criticism is uncalled. He’s being absolutely slated on Facebook.

Regardless of his circumstances he needs to show desire and work rate and he would be forgiven for his shortcomings.

17 minutes ago, knapperm said:

People blaming Smith for their goal, yes he should have put it into the stand but Cass should have done a lot better on the cross and put Angol under pressure rather than a free header.

And also Conlon allowed their player to waltz past him without any effort to tackle or harry him prior to the Smith "clearance,"

1 minute ago, onestepatatime said:

And also Conlon allowed their player to waltz past him without any effort to tackle or harry him prior to the Smith "clearance,"

I know that Conlon has quality on the ball. But I think it was noticeable a few times in the second half that Conlons job is to shield that left hand side and they played around him too easily to leave us overloaded at times. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

On reading the posts on here I’m assuming we took a right leathering, it’s a draw against Bradford, did you honestly think we would win every game, give your heads a wobble. Personally I thought it was a good game between two good sides and a draw was probably a fair result.

I think most are level headed tbf. Disappointing, if predictable, performance. Could have won. Great season.

We aren't going to win every game & today was just one of those games. We didn't get going at all first half & a few players looked nervy on the ball, Cass in particular had a stinker first half. I think he's been decent so far but he had an off day despite improving a little 2nd half.

Any news on Politic? I find it hard to believe he didn't get game time today. Has looked a class above every time he's played. I was surprised he played 90 in the week & feared he wouldn't play today. Unfortunately that turned out to be the case!

We take a point, Oldham next week then back to back home games against 2 of DCs previous clubs. Bring it on.

7 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

We aren't going to win every game & today was just one of those games. We didn't get going at all first half & a few players looked nervy on the ball, Cass in particular had a stinker first half. I think he's been decent so far but he had an off day despite improving a little 2nd half.

Any news on Politic? I find it hard to believe he didn't get game time today. Has looked a class above every time he's played. I was surprised he played 90 in the week & feared he wouldn't play today. Unfortunately that turned out to be the case!

We take a point, Oldham next week then back to back home games against 2 of DCs previous clubs. Bring it on.

Thought politic would have been the first change and would be nailed on to come on when Wilson limped off

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I agree totally. It was when Gibbo tried to take a quick throw in. 

Just a thought and I'm not defending Rodney standing like a statue. But I wonder if from that range the players assume Jones will launch it hence he wasn't looking properly. 

By the way we have still yet to score a single goal from a long throw in all season. That has to change or just ditch it. 

Darren I don’t think we can ditch it as they’re as good as corners when he takes the throw from around the opposition penalty area. It’s also good when we’re defending to get the ball down the line. You’re right that we need to utilise it better.

49 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Sitting in the Bycars I never know whose on the bench because of the PA system. Or lack of.

Conrad the PA system in the RP is normally excellent, today you couldn’t hear it and that wasn’t because of the noise made by fans because it was all game including HT.

Pleased that it was good for the bugler who played the last post. Absolutely brilliant and total respect to the club and Bradford for their part in the ceremony before the game. Also as an ex vet. Well done to all fans both Vale and Bradford for observe the minutes silence

I walked to the top of Hamil Road, with a BCFC supporter. He was saying that in his opinion we are the best club that they’ve played this season. Also he thought that we would score a winning goal, this is quite strange because myself and some of those  sitting around me in the RP, thought that BCFC would score a winner. We certainly didn’t want 6 extra minutes. That’s probably sums football fans up, always think the worst and then everything else is a bonus. We didn’t play well at Mansfield and got a draw. Let’s hope that we now go on a good run, promotion form is not playing well but not losing the game.

COYW

Tough game today. Conlon, Jones and Garrity often played with a bit of a casual swagger today, leading to gifting them the ball very easily quite often. 

We were lucky only to concede one really, luckily they had Theo donkey Robinson up front for a fair part of the game. He is awful, how on earth he keeps getting contracts as a professional footballer is beyond me! 

The other lad they had up front looked very useful, to be fair. 

We were often sloppy in giving the ball away but we still created enough chances to win the game comfortably. Not quite as clinical as we have been today.

A 1 1 draw was a pretty fair result overall. Hope Wilson hasn't got a bad injury. 🙈

UTV! 

Archived