onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

Advert

30 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m not sure he is. He barely looked a footballer at times today. 

There is a reason he’s only played that amount of time and the sending off was his own fault. He should be trying to make and impact like politic to make Clarke start him. Not be completely disinterested from the word go. Clarke got the sub wrong, but that Dosent mean the player can’t put some effort in 

You’re right, the sending off was his fault. The other reasons are due to a reoccurring heel injury and the birth of his child, otherwise I’m sure he’d be back in contention after his suspension.

I just feel some of the criticism is uncalled. He’s being absolutely slated on Facebook.

Legge for Smith is an easy call to make for the next game. Would also take out Garrity. He's done well so far, better than expected, but still looks like a bit of a work in progress for me at times.
Garrity never stops running yes the lad made a couple of poor passes today but he is always competing for every ball and he maybe should have scored with that header from a cross early second half and I think he was still on the pitch when we scored when he and Amoo who was stretching there defence all afternoon went off we didn't do that well after apart from Conlon putting Lloyd in Garrity and Amoo never gave them a moments peace Clarkes substitutions helped Bradford not Vale why not bring Legge Politic and another on .
Jake Taylor didn't get involved in the game today we were average at best shame really but the crowd needs be more wired than what they are we need 6000 people to get behind the team not 100 to 200 .
Early kick off didn't help all the credit today goes to Bradford .
Let's hope the fans who rarely go are not too disheartened by that display today .
AS DC says we have work to do .
UTV

47 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Some of the stick Rodney is receiving is slightly bewildering, in my opinion.

Yeah, the lad wasn’t great but he was thrown on today after playing a total of 104 minutes since the Swindon sending off. Some of the blame must go to Clarke, he should have possibly brought on Politic. 

For all the people saying he looks uninterested and is lazy, I genuinely believe that’s his style of play. 

Get behind the lad because, as we all know, he’s an asset for the Vale and a talent. 

I just don’t understand why Rodney was preferred to Politic? Rodney has barely played and been injured and Politic has shown he’s clearly better than Lloyd and Rodney. 

2 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

I just don’t understand why Rodney was preferred to Politic? Rodney has barely played and been injured and Politic has shown he’s clearly better than Lloyd and Rodney. 

I totally agree, mate. I was a bit surprised myself considering how well Politic has been playing. 

Not read the whole thread, but we were up against a decent team today who gave us a stiff test.

Some of the play was outstanding, some average, some poor.

We came through intact, could have won, might have lost.

A good reminder that we will always be a work in progress.

No matter how good we get.

Bradford looked a difficult team to play against especially when they bought Angol on, closed Vale down and put a foot in at every opportunity. They're in a false position.  Vale had to be at their best to win today but weren't, we gave the ball away far too much. I'd like to see Taylor start instead of Garrity giving more passing quality and creativity in midfield. Tough to get into the game and make an impression when you come on with 20-30 mins to go.

Draw was a fair result, Amoo lost the ball and their No6 miss kicked it to Wilson to score, Smithy should have put the ball  into row Z but didn't and presented their player with time and space to plonk the ball on Angol's head, rare mistake by Smithy.

Great camera angles from ESPN+, iFollow need to up their game.

2 hours ago, Beech said:

Legge for Smith is an easy call to make for the next game. Would also take out Garrity. He's done well so far, better than expected, but still looks like a bit of a work in progress for me at times.

You can't expect Legge to play 90 minutes he wont be anywhere near match fit, those days have gone where we rush players back.

Archived