onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

Clearly not at our best today, but we’ve came away with a point which, for me, is a positive.

First 30 was dire, probably the worst in a long time. Too many individual errors resulted in a lot of unnecessary pressure. Thankfully, they had Theo Robinson up top! We finished the last 15 minutes the better side, and that set the precedent for the second half. 

Just like the end of the first half, we started the second period stronger. I think we deservedly went ahead with a good goal. Amoo finally did what he’s good at - running at defenders. I was particularly pleased for Wilson, as he got his 7th of the season. However, like many others, that’s the worst he’s performed for a while. I just hope his injury isn’t too serious. From then, I think the second half was pretty equal. You could argue they deserved their equaliser, but it was simply a poor goal to concede - Smith should have clear the stand, and Cass/Jones should have picked up Angol. We had our fair share of chances towards the end, alongside abysmal officiating. 

All in all, a point was a fair reflection of the game. 

A few players were certainly well below par today. They are League Two footballers for a reason, so don’t be too harsh on them. 

Credit to Covolan, Conlon, Pett, Worrall and Gibbons who, for me, made a good account of themselves in front of the cameras. 

We go again next week, in front of a packed out away end.

Don’t get too downbeat after that one, we are on the up and there is certainly going to be bumps along the way. 

Credit to Bradford, they will be a tough nut to crack this season. Well organised, and no turnovers. They should be up there come the end of the season. 

Advert

Most of the pressure was on us to perform today with all the publicity surrounding today’s game and it showed. Lost count of how many times we gave the ball back to them and they created attacks…was very frustrating to watch. But a point is good and it keeps us up there so I’m not too despondent.

It was a performance most on here predicted would happen. We didn’t lose thank god. My buttocks were clenched throughout watching today. 

I was never a fan and I'm glad he's gone, but I don't think Robinson was poor today. I thought he looked a threat to an extent, but luckily made a pigs ear of one or two situations. It's just that the fella they replaced him with scored a great header and also looked better because it coincided with them having more of the ball and their tails up after the equaliser. 

But I've seen him have far, far worse games for us than what he showed today.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Interesting that Burgess is re-registered into the squad. Not sure what to read into that. 

I was surprised. Apparently he's on the picture yesterday with the rest of the squad . 

Can't be lack of numbers so maybe he's shown good application in training ? 

49 minutes ago, Beech said:

Unless you have no choice, for me Lloyd is one to bring on if you're chasing a game and need another body in and around the box. His hold up play is none existent so he certainly shouldn't be considered as a lone striker.

He wasn’t a lone striker, Rodney was on as well. 

I suppose it a mark of where we are when we are disappointed with a point! Far to many below par performances , not to single anyone out Dan Jones was poor on his distribution yes! but there was nothing wrong with his tackling. Overall not a good team performance had by far the better chances to win it. 

8 minutes ago, Beech said:

I was never a fan and I'm glad he's gone, but I don't think Robinson was poor today. I thought he looked a threat to an extent, but luckily made a pigs ear of one or two situations. It's just that the fella they replaced him with scored a great header and also looked better because it coincided with them having more of the ball and their tails up after the equaliser. 

But I've seen him have far, far worse games for us than what he showed today.

He a damn sight more mobile and keen than bloody Rodney who has no brain for football.

1 hour ago, osprey said:

If Wilson had stayed on I think we would have won that 

Possibly, but we were never at the races today. A player would do something good and then pass and give it away. Can’t understand if there was a communication breakdown as he was limping after he scored, then DC makes two subs straight away and leaves Wilson on and five mins later we have to take him off. Good job no one was seriously injured after that and couldn’t carry on. Amoo did nothing but then made the goal. I’d have taken Wilson off left Amoo on and told him to start putting himself about and let their defenders know that they’d been in a game. Rodneys control is absolutely shocking. I wouldn’t loan him out in January, I’d sell if a club makes an offer

Rodney today reminded me of Robinson last season for us. Not interested in trying at all. I’d drop Rodney from the squad now, Clarke mentioned before the game it’s tough even to pick a bench, and I’m not seeing what Rodney offers at the moment. It’s frustrating because he was very good last season, but he’s been utterly atrocious this season 

59 minutes ago, Beech said:

Legge for Smith is an easy call to make for the next game. Would also take out Garrity. He's done well so far, better than expected, but still looks like a bit of a work in progress for me at times.

So you would bring back Legge (30 minutes played in 10 weeks) for Smith. Priceless you are.

Archived