onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

Politic should be coming in before Lloyd and Rodney. He is a far superior than both of them. I think his quality could of turned that game in our favour. 

I can’t see Politic staying here permanently, he must be very frustrated.

Unless you have no choice, for me Lloyd is one to bring on if you're chasing a game and need another body in and around the box. His hold up play is none existent so he certainly shouldn't be considered as a lone striker.

Advert

On a more positive note:

- Good teams find ways to not lose games when they have a bad day. And despite being quite poor we could have easily won today with the chances we created.

- Bradford are decent and have plenty of good players themselves for this level. We weren't playing a bunch of mugs.

- Conlon is the classiest player in League Two. Just wish we could get him on the ball more.

- We'll be a better side still once Legge and Proctor are back in the team.

On balance 1-1 was probabaly a fair result, even though I think we shaded it slightly.  Bradford were annoyingly well organised and had at least a couple of chances that they should really have put away.  We appeared to be slow out of the blocks for the first 15-20 mins, and definitely gave away too many balls, but did settle much better for the rest of the first half.  Some nice touches throughout the second half, but I was disappointed that we didn't carve out more chances and, has been noted by many, Wilson's injury & Smith's definite absence next game,will make some alterations to the line-up necessary.  Disappointed that we didn't go top, but I think Bradford will give a lot of teams a hard time in the coming games.

Good point in the end, we weren't at our fluid best, maybe due to how hard Bradford pressed the space. The amount of possession we gave away today was scandalous, too many weak sloppy passes. A point keeps the tally going we could of easily lost that today. Would of liked to see Politic come on instead of Rodney, but hey ho DC must have his reasons. Average display, good point, off to Oldham we go.

25 minutes ago, Beech said:

He's normally a perfectly decent passer so it really stood out today and made him look bad, when he's been anything but. 

We should just forget about Rodney at the moment in regards to him offering something to the team. We know that technically he's really poor but he's not using his strength or pace at the moment either. Think he needs a loan out to a none league club to hopefully get a few goals and a bit of confidence. But at the moment he's just taking up a spot.

I think it’s a fair point on Rodney. He looked way off it today. Too often he makes poor decisions and doesn’t anticipate anything. Why was he not attacking the far post for the cross that Lloyd threw himself at. He offered very little to the point where he doesn’t look like he’s working hard. I just hope it’s the injury holding him back because despite my complaints about him I still think he can make a really important contribution to the season with his physical attributes.

Whilst we were miles off being at our best I’d say we had the better chances overall.  Their better chances came from our bad play, frequently giving the ball away, rather than good play on their part.  Our passing today was as bad as I’ve seen it this season.  1-1 was probably just about fair.

Conlon wasn’t in it enough second half for me. He hardly had a touch in that half. That’s one of the reasons why we struggled to get going. We also couldn’t get it out worrall or gibbo into the game enough and we didn’t have runners going in behind enough either. So consequently we struggled to break them down. It’s no coincidence that when those 3 got into the game that we created something and looked dangerous in the first half. Fair play to Clarke for talking about the sub and that he would have waited to take off Amoo if he knew Wilson was going to go off, but in his defence Wilson said he was ok. Disappointing we couldn’t hang on really. 

On 10/11/2021 at 11:08, Joe B said:

Perfect confluence of:

• Our outrageous form not lasting forever
  • Bradford's underwhelming form not lasting forever
  • Theo Robinson in form after Clarke demoted him to the U18s
  • Telly - international break so a larger than normal audience. Good stories on Wilson and Covolan so we'll get a lot of attention
  • Win to go top
  • Big attendance

image.png.7a3f3eda2b47b2e87278412e0f2cf5d4.png

Crazy that we're that conditioned into expecting misery and disappointment that, despite winning 19 of 28, scoring 17 in 4, winning our last 7 at home, most people on here have grim resignation for Saturday. Proper order that. Vale Vale. 

Anyone who expected us to play well today was very optimistic. I'm pretty pleased with a point ahead of of Oldham and Walsall. The run of form and goals wasn't go to last and I'm pleased that, when it goes awry, we manage to come away with a point (similar to Mansfield). You can't score 3/4/5 every week.

An off day for a few (for causes, see above) and the confusion over the Wilson sub really hampered us and left us with no forward line for the last twenty. The equaliser was inevitable, though if Smith launches it into touch we might have absconded with the three points. Lloyd should have won it with both his chances, and I do wish he'd eat some McDonalds and bulk up so he didn't spent his life on his backside.

Bradford were classic Adams; very well organised and compact, dropped into a back 5 when we had the ball and completely nullified Gibbons and Worrall. Angol all over us for the last part and we're lucky they played Mr Traffic Cone over him. Robinson is utterly diabolical. Not a bad side overall and will probably 1-0 their way to 7th. They've drawn with FGR, Sunderland, and Exeter and beat Swindon, so they're capable of holding the in-form teams.

No idea with Rodney. Miles off. Plays in slow motion. Jones has been loose in possession last two games but defends well.

Amoo, Pett, Conlon, Covolan good - thought Lucas did everything right today with a couple of good saves and great sweeping. 

Smith should have done much better but you have to say it was a wonderful ball in from there guy for the equaliser. Yeah, it could have been avoided but sometimes you also have to just give a bit of credit to the opposition. It was a great cross and a terrific header.

Just now, Beech said:

Smith should have done much better but you have to say it was a wonderful ball in from there guy for the equaliser. Yeah, it could have been avoided but sometimes you also have to just give a bit of credit to the opposition. It was a great cross and a terrific header.

Yeah good goal and Angol was a nightmare. Just wish Smith had been classic Smith and launched it. 

We came up against a team who know how to stop teams playing - they knew our wingbacks were key and shut them down. To get a draw and be annoyed we didn't nick it is sound with me. Need to drill Oldham now to set up Walsall

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Anyone who expected us to play well today was very optimistic. I'm pretty pleased with a point ahead of of Oldham and Walsall. The run of form and goals wasn't go to last and I'm pleased that, when it goes awry, we manage to come away with a point (similar to Mansfield). You can't score 3/4/5 every week.

An off day for a few (for causes, see above) and the confusion over the Wilson sub really hampered us and left us with no forward line for the last twenty. The equaliser was inevitable, though if Smith launches it into touch we might have absconded with the three points. Lloyd should have won it with both his chances, and I do wish he'd eat some McDonalds and bulk up so he didn't spent his life on his backside.

Bradford were classic Adams; very well organised and compact, dropped into a back 5 when we had the ball and completely nullified Gibbons and Worrall. Angol all over us for the last part and we're lucky they played Mr Traffic Cone over him. Robinson is utterly diabolical. Not a bad side overall and will probably 1-0 their way to 7th. They've drawn with FGR, Sunderland, and Exeter and beat Swindon, so they're capable of holding the in-form teams.

No idea with Rodney. Miles off. Plays in slow motion. Jones has been loose in possession last two games but defends well.

Amoo, Pett, Conlon, Covolan good - thought Lucas did everything right today with a couple of good saves and great sweeping. 

I’m surprised that Clarke didn’t change formation to get Worrall and gibbons into the game more in that second half. Adams must have recognised how much threat they were posing in that last 25 mins of the first half and changed their tactics to suit. 

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Yeah good goal and Angol was a nightmare. Just wish Smith had been classic Smith and launched it. 

We came up against a team who know how to stop teams playing - they knew our wingbacks were key and shut them down. To get a draw and be annoyed we didn't nick it is sound with me. Need to drill Oldham now to set up Walsall

I'm more dissaspointed with the performance than the dropped two points, because we can be so much better than what we showed today. I'm not sure Bradford can say the same. Guess every now and again you just get a reminder that these are League Two players after all. Every now and again everyone is capable of having a shocker.

Archived