onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

Advert

22 minutes ago, Beech said:

How long are we going to keep saying Devante will come good because he had a decent first season? He looks absolutely woeful right now and is literally stealing his wage. He's not even a kid, it's not like he's 18 or 19. He'll be 24 before long.

Why do you always have to write somebody off? Don't you learn?

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Thought Jones defended well but his passing was really poor as was cass like you say. Agreed amoo and wilson subs hurt us but we still had clear chances to win the game. Wilson / proctor would have buried them 

He's normally a perfectly decent passer so it really stood out today and made him look bad, when he's been anything but. 

We should just forget about Rodney at the moment in regards to him offering something to the team. We know that technically he's really poor but he's not using his strength or pace at the moment either. Think he needs a loan out to a none league club to hopefully get a few goals and a bit of confidence. But at the moment he's just taking up a spot.

3 minutes ago, WV said:

Why do you always have to write somebody off? Don't you learn?

His record and performances this season speaks for itself. If you think he's a decent option right now, then good luck with that.

"Writing him off" would be saying he'll never come good, which I've not said once. All I am saying is that right now he's a liability and a complete waste of a sub.

2 minutes ago, Beech said:

His record and performances this season speaks for itself. If you think he's a decent option right now, then good luck with that.

"Writing him off" would be saying he'll never come good, which I've not said once. All I am saying is that right now he's a liability and a complete waste of a sub.

"literally stealing a wage" 

That after slagging Lloyd off all game. Why don't you give it a rest??

Someone doesn't have to be the scapegoat every week you know. 

Still a bit bemused by the plan to lump it up to Lloyd second half. Who is 5"6.

I'd love to know the justification for Rodney instead of Politic in all honesty, strange one. 

Off day for most of them, it was going to happen at some point, accept it and go again. Our last frustrating performance not too disimiliar to today was Mansfield, we won the next 4 in a row after that. Next is relegation zone Oldham and Smallsall at home, good run to bounce back. 

6 minutes ago, WV said:

"literally stealing a wage" 

That after slagging Lloyd off all game. Why don't you give it a rest??

Someone doesn't have to be the scapegoat every week you know. 

I just call it as a see it. Lloyd isn't a lone striker as he can't hold up the ball, and so the ball won't stick and therefore you invite pressure. Alongside Wilson or a target man he has a bit of potential.

Rodney is hopeless at the moment and has been all season. I gave him as much or even more praise than anyone else last season when I felt he deserved it. It's not scapegoating just to say someone is currently rubbish.

I'm going to put it down as one of those days. Main thing is we didn't lose. 

As others have said Jones and Garrity couldn't pass wind today, terrible. 

This time the subs backfired and didn't work but mainly Clarke is Bob on. 

Not buying into the Bradford are decent camp either. Thought they were ok that's it nothing more nothing less. 

Was one of those days but unlike Rochdale we've got a point. 

On to Oldham and then Smallsall. Time to get another winning run going . 

Great crowd shame about the performance. For me that was the worst we have played at home in the league this season, way too many sub par performances.I think the occasion got to a few of our players who looked quite nervy throughout with poor passing.

I thought only Cov, Pett and Conlon really demonstrated in front of the camera’s what they are all about.

How did the fullback  not get sent off? The 1st on Pett should have been a red let alone the foul on Conlon which should have received a yellow.

Take the point, re set for Oldham and hope Wilson’s injury is not serious.

Pretty terrible performance today, only players to come out with much credit are Amoo (in particular), Conlon and Covolan. Garrity was atrocious, Jones I thought was also particularly poor today. A lot of players just had off days. Having said that, a point was a fair result. And we were due a game like this at some point. Not too disappointed overall.

Archived