onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

Advert

Unfortunately I’m missing this, but I do have a feeling we’ll lose tomorrow. Our home record vs Bradford is patchy, they always seem to have a decent vociferous backing, plus the fact that it’s on Sky, DC get MoTM award, we’ve been getting loads of positive attention and could go top….. the stars have aligned and how many times have Vale done this to us before??!! 

IF we do get the WIN to go top, then I’ll really really start to get excited. 

Cant really grumble about the football being dished up at the moment though, Accrington was a cracking game.

CMON Vale, let’s get something out of this game.

We are regularly gash correct, but our team reads out that we shouldn't be. At last we finally have got a few of the insane injury list returning to at least give us a few players worthy of L2 on the bench. Eisa is finally fit for Saturday but for how long is anyones guess, he's not played a single minute in the League for us as yet, injury prone Angol also back which is good as he looked very impressive early season, Andy Cook injured is a huge blow obviously. Difficult prediction this one, form wise there's only one winner without doubt, but on paper team wise we have a team that should be more than good enough for this level and should be capable of beating most L2 sides, but we certainly haven't shown this so far, we could whinge about our crazy injuries already this season but all teams get them so it's a case of shut up and get on with it. My prediction/guess is we will somehow win this 2-0

12 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Lots of tickets behind the goal in the Bycars being given away free to schools.  Impossible to guess how this will impact the attendance although I guess anyone taking up the free offer won’t be counted as they’re non paying??

Ray that’s good marketing. Not a completely radical idea as PVFC were doing it in the mid to late 70’s. Pleased that it has happened as it was something some of us were saying to do when C&K took over, due to a lack of young fans at home games. They are the future and not all will comeback but others will be there for life. If the club are doing that much to feed kids, their parents would never spend money for their children to come to VP. You’re only a child once and for me it was definitely the best part of my life, so let’s give something to them that they never would be able to experience. Well done PVFC and hopefully those attending today’s game will create a fantastic atmosphere, so ppl watching on TV may decide to come to other games also we may be chanting,

‘We are top of the league, I said we are top of the league’

6 hours ago, Wyke-9 said:

We are regularly gash correct, but our team reads out that we shouldn't be. At last we finally have got a few of the insane injury list returning to at least give us a few players worthy of L2 on the bench. Eisa is finally fit for Saturday but for how long is anyones guess, he's not played a single minute in the League for us as yet, injury prone Angol also back which is good as he looked very impressive early season, Andy Cook injured is a huge blow obviously. Difficult prediction this one, form wise there's only one winner without doubt, but on paper team wise we have a team that should be more than good enough for this level and should be capable of beating most L2 sides, but we certainly haven't shown this so far, we could whinge about our crazy injuries already this season but all teams get them so it's a case of shut up and get on with it. My prediction/guess is we will somehow win this 2-0

The beauty of football is that you can be gash and still somehow win a game, we’ve all seen it. Equally, certainly at this level, a team can play great and lose.  If you take your chances and we don’t then you’ll win and vice versa.

In this particular game our worry seems to be that a perfect storm of circumstances will conspire against us, DC Manager of the Month, TV cameras, former player returning to haunt his old club etc. rather than factors within our control out on the pitch.  So if we do lose, which will be a setback rather than a disaster, it’ll obviously be down to one of the above rather than any great play on the part of the Bantams. 😉

Let’s hope both teams put on a great display, a showcase for League 2 football. UTV.

6 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The beauty of football is that you can be gash and still somehow win a game, we’ve all seen it. Equally, certainly at this level, a team can play great and lose.  If you take your chances and we don’t then you’ll win and vice versa.

In this particular game our worry seems to be that a perfect storm of circumstances will conspire against us, DC Manager of the Month, TV cameras, former player returning to haunt his old club etc. rather than factors within our control out on the pitch.  So if we do lose, which will be a setback rather than a disaster, it’ll obviously be down to one of the above rather than any great play on the part of the Bantams. 😉

Let’s hope both teams put on a great display, a showcase for League 2 football. UTV.

I agree with that Ray, I'm also feel that the pressure is all on us to perform and win.  There is no pressure on that away side at all, they can just turn up and play their game.  Couldn't Salford have been on the telly today.

Really hope that we can overcome this and get the result we want.

In football you tend to know, all things being equal, when you're due a defeat, when a decent run of results has maybe overstayed its welcome and it's time for it to go home.

The mark of a promotion team is to go maybe two or three games further. Bad results will inevitably come around but if you can squeeze a bit more out of a good run then it's never a bad sign.

There were a few times in 2012/13 when we were flying at the start of the season and I thought we were due a bad result, that Saturday/Tuesday double header away at Plymouth & Fleetwood away being one of them.

A lot of people myself included are quite nervy about today. 

Lots of factors contributing to that. However in the cold light of day yes these are a big fish but they currently sit 12th. Maybe underachieving who knows, but on another site I use where lots of league 2 fans frequent there is a sense of anger and disgruntlement amongst the Bradford fans. 

Nothing to fear here , let's get at them early doors and get top of the league this afternoon. 

5 minutes ago, Santa said:

In football you tend to know, all things being equal, when you're due a defeat, when a decent run of results has maybe overstayed its welcome and it's time for it to go home.

The mark of a promotion team is to go maybe two or three games further. Bad results will inevitably come around but if you can squeeze a bit more out of a good run then it's never a bad sign.

There were a few times in 2012/13 when we were flying at the start of the season and I thought we were due a bad result, that Saturday/Tuesday double header away at Plymouth & Fleetwood away being one of them.

Really looking forward to today's game.

I love it that we're now worrying about being on too good a run 😃 

Far preferable to worrying about staying in the league or ever winning again.

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m worried about today but at the end of the day if we lose we lose. It’s no more important than any other game. It’s still 3 points at stake the same as next week. These will be a decent side i think, especially if they have players back from injury. 

Who won't be match fit...

Archived