onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

16 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

They've not even sold 900, so I don't know where 1200 has come from. Probably the same place as the thousands Sheff Wednesday and Sunderland were bringing...

Sadly people believe Facebook as gospel. Didn't I read 700 Accrington as well. 

Someone will even predict Salford will bring 100 , now that would be fanciful 😂

Advert

Lots of tickets behind the goal in the Bycars being given away free to schools.  Impossible to guess how this will impact the attendance although I guess anyone taking up the free offer won’t be counted as they’re non paying??
Adult taking the kid has to pay a fiver. I know as Mrs Philmpvs school got some. They offered them out as a prize draw. Only got 5 names in the bucket despite having 25 tickets!

I've got the feeling that we will lose tomorrow - don't know why, perhaps its all the omens and hype around the game but I'm more nervous about it than I've been for matches for a while. 

BUT - if we do lose  I console myself with some cold hard facts.

Since Dazzler started the turnaround last season against Newport we've won 18, drawn 5 and lost 7. That is a 60% win ratio and a positive result in 76% of our matches. Two of the losses were end of last season when he was giving players a go and two of them against higher league opposition in the Pizza cup / Fl Trophy. Unreal.

AND - if we win, then, get in there you MIGHTY whites. On to the next project, Oldham here we come.

3 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

I think this game is probably being bigged up or magnified more than any other game this season so far. I know it’s on Sky and we are doing well, but it’s still only 3 points. I hope the players aren’t phased by the hype or the cameras. 

We might lose or win tomorrow but this one game won’t define our season. Keep our feet on the ground. We are going to lose games, it’s how we react in the games after. 

Part of building the club, the sort of games we will have to take in our stride every week if we are going anywhere. All part of the learning process, in DC we trust.

How many more people are having a feeling we going lose ,this is a vibrant Vale for the record I think they will win 3-0 Garrity Wilson and Legge the scorers and I will be shouting from the rooftops to encourage them to do so from the minute I get in the game to the minute I get out the ground .
Sky being there has over hyped it somewhat ,disappointed that not one end of our ground sold out it deserves be in fact I think the owners deserves 10 k rack up tomorrow .
Oh well strange footballing area
UTV

10 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

How many more people are having a feeling we going lose ,this is a vibrant Vale for the record I think they will win 3-0 Garrity Wilson and Legge the scorers and I will be shouting from the rooftops to encourage them to do so from the minute I get in the game to the minute I get out the ground .
Sky being there has over hyped it somewhat ,disappointed that not one end of our ground sold out it deserves be in fact I think the owners deserves 10 k rack up tomorrow .
Oh well strange footballing area
UTV

I'll be shouting from the rooftops too. I want us to win, and my gut says we'll go up this season, I'm just nervous about tomorrow, probably because Bradford are a better side than their current league position suggests and we cant win every match... the point I was trying to make is that it doesn't really matter if we do lose because we are awesome, and stats suggest that we will bounce back straight away anyway.

4 hours ago, Santa said:

How early? Orient at home a year ago was 1pm

That Northampton one was 2pm bizarrely. Wasn’t there a game at Doncaster or somewhere that kicked off in the morning?

January 1984 - all three local teams were at home so the kick offs were staggered. Vale at 12.00 beat Bournemouth 2-1. Stoke at 3.00 lost 1-0 to Leicester. Crewe at 7.30 beat Torquay 2-1. Keith Curle was playing on the wing for Torquay. We went to all three games - heaven knows why!!!

What we have to overcome tomorrow:

1.  Expectations

2.  Manager of the Month curse.

3.  Rembrance before the game (remember      Rochdale)

4.  Longest winning home run since Adam was a lad.

If we win tomorrow we needn’t play the rest of the season because we’ll be up!!!

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

What we have to overcome tomorrow:

1.  Expectations

2.  Manager of the Month curse.

3.  Rembrance before the game (remember      Rochdale)

4.  Longest winning home run since Adam was a lad.

If we win tomorrow we needn’t play the rest of the season because we’ll be up!!!

Also we have lost on the last 2 international weekends to Rochdale and Sutton and this weekend is another international weekend. 

Archived