onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

Advert

17 minutes ago, Doha said:

We’ve already broken the Swindon and Scunthorpe curses, and unlike Vale sides of old, pulled the rug out from under Orient instead of capitulating after their 86th minute 2nd. 

I put it to you all that Clarke is clearly some kind of powerful wizard to whom curses don’t matter. We don’t have a team of bottlers anymore, Sutton was a series of freak events like that crazy Garrity header. Just one of those days, even Gandalf can’t account for those.

I wrote a post the other season about winning mentalities, how confidence creates scoring positions and helps bend finishes round the Keeper, it’s what Pope was doing in late 2012. Some of those home goals against Rotherham were all about mentality. That’s what DC is instilling in all 25 lads in the squad. The only time this season I’ve felt like I did watching Vale sides of the last 5/6 years was periods of that Mansfield game.

I like the tactics board in the centre of the changing room btw, that seems new. 

Tomorrow will be difficult and Robinson will move the fastest he ever has at Vale Park but the first 11 won’t be resigned to curses when walking out and neither should we. 

Just feels like winning tomorrow to go top in front of the cameras is something that happens to those clubs who make their fans happy all the time. Not Vale. 

This club. Into these.

I feel the same dread, I guess its from being burnt by this club so many times before!

If we play to the levels we have in recent weeks and are as ruthless as we have been we should win the game regardless of TV, curses, Dazzler winning manager of the month, International weekends or form.

We have been that good in recent weeks and playing so well... 

The biggest enemy is ourselves and letting standards drop, if we start being too confident etc, I do feel DC wont generally allow that though.

If any Vale side can exercise ghosts of Vale sides past its this one so hopefully come 2pm we are all over those curses!

Our 'slot' on Sky Main Event tomorrow doesn't start until 12pm after some Dubai golf tour, which is also the kick off time. Be really disappointing if Sky don't broadcast the remembrance sunday stuff before KO which Vale always do really well. You'd think there'd be a lot to talk about in the build up too?

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Our 'slot' on Sky Main Event tomorrow doesn't start until 12pm after some Dubai golf tour, which is also the kick off time. Be really disappointing if Sky don't broadcast the remembrance sunday stuff before KO which Vale always do really well. You'd think there'd be a lot to talk about in the build up too?

Think the program on Sky Sports Football starts at 11:30 so should capture at least some of it would have thought.

I think this game is probably being bigged up or magnified more than any other game this season so far. I know it’s on Sky and we are doing well, but it’s still only 3 points. I hope the players aren’t phased by the hype or the cameras. 

We might lose or win tomorrow but this one game won’t define our season. Keep our feet on the ground. We are going to lose games, it’s how we react in the games after. 

On 11/11/2021 at 09:48, ollyandpatch said:

My opinion on the gate is changing as although they not hopeful and it's an early kickoff they have shifted 1200 tickets and it's pay on the day so might be heading for 7k?

They've not even sold 900, so I don't know where 1200 has come from. Probably the same place as the thousands Sheff Wednesday and Sunderland were bringing...

Archived