onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

Advert

4 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

If someone in the UK can't get to the game, doesn't have Sky, doesn't live near a pub that's showing this  and only has a basic grasp of IT stuff, are there 'other ways' of watching this? 🏴‍☠️

It's being shown on ESPN+ over here, in the good old US of A. Maybe a VPN could get you watching.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:08, Joe B said:

Perfect confluence of:

• Our outrageous form not lasting forever
  • Bradford's underwhelming form not lasting forever
  • Theo Robinson in form after Clarke demoted him to the U18s
  • Telly - international break so a larger than normal audience. Good stories on Wilson and Covolan so we'll get a lot of attention
  • Win to go top
  • Big attendance

image.png.7a3f3eda2b47b2e87278412e0f2cf5d4.png

Crazy that we're that conditioned into expecting misery and disappointment that, despite winning 19 of 28, scoring 17 in 4, winning our last 7 at home, most people on here have grim resignation for Saturday. Proper order that. Vale Vale. 

Add Manager of the Month to the list.

Bradford sold 750 tickets up to Wed night ,pretty impressive that for a game they could watch on sky so let's hope there's a good 1200 off them by sat afternoon ,hats off to every single one of there travelling support on coming hope they enjoy the beer ,the programme, the respect to the fallen and thats about it the game lets hope they do not enjoy that .
As for Vale who have being playing in spells magnificently most games I think we might need a 90 minute performance tomoz from all donning the white (was going say black and whitr but its more white or gold etc).
Team well you never know with DC them very imaginative corners we take could lead to very good chances to score .
Do we put big Leon in I just think at critical moments at both ends of the field he could play a very significant role Cass Smith and Jones have generally been very good however at times in games they do give the opposition chances score you can not hide away the fact that Colchester missed two sitters the other week and Accrington if your honest could have been 3 up last week in first half until we annihilated them 2nd half so we need be a lot more solid tomorrow.
So I'll leave the team to DC I think 9of them pick themselves the other 2 well they can be changed .
Hope the Vale are selling there tickets and Carol and Kevin get a great gate
UTV

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

And he's done it without Pope's informed opinion on the recruitment. Who'd have thunk it? emoji6.png

Popes comments have proven not only was he past it on the footballing side of things i think he may have headed one to many footballs because his comments suggest hes past it mentally aswell. Saying real football is gone- id much prefer this bunch of professionals that actually try than someone whos a laugh and will come for a pint after the game. 

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Popes comments have proven not only was he past it on the footballing side of things i think he may have headed one to many footballs because his comments suggest hes past it mentally aswell. Saying real football is gone- id much prefer this bunch of professionals that actually try than someone whos a laugh and will come for a pint after the game. 

And the proof is in the pudding so far 

I have never, ever been more certain of a loss in my life. MOTM curse + featured game in international break + us in excellent form + Bradford in poor form + Robinson + could go top + big attendance + taking thousands to Oldham.

We'll batter Oldham and Walsall but have made my peace for tomorrow. 

We’ve already broken the Swindon and Scunthorpe curses, and unlike Vale sides of old, pulled the rug out from under Orient instead of capitulating after their 86th minute 2nd. 

I put it to you all that Clarke is clearly some kind of powerful wizard to whom curses don’t matter. We don’t have a team of bottlers anymore, Sutton was a series of freak events like that crazy Garrity header. Just one of those days, even Gandalf can’t account for those.

I wrote a post the other season about winning mentalities, how confidence creates scoring positions and helps bend finishes round the Keeper, it’s what Pope was doing in late 2012. Some of those home goals against Rotherham were all about mentality. That’s what DC is instilling in all 25 lads in the squad. The only time this season I’ve felt like I did watching Vale sides of the last 5/6 years was periods of that Mansfield game.

I like the tactics board in the centre of the changing room btw, that seems new. 

Tomorrow will be difficult and Robinson will move the fastest he ever has at Vale Park but the first 11 won’t be resigned to curses when walking out and neither should we. 

Archived