onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

1 hour ago, Doha said:

I have a mad feeling he's going to start Benning for this game. 

You cant feel that way if you went to the game last night.  Benning just average, no more than that.  Unless one of either Gibbo or Wozz  aren’t fully fit there’s no way on earth will they not play.

Advert

20 hours ago, queenybantam07 said:

From an attacking perspective, he’s way down the pecking order if we had any of our first choice strikers fit. That being said, 3 goals in his last 4. 

Be afraid - be very afraid. 

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. He had his chance to show what he could do here and didn't take it. Good luck to him if he can make it with Bradford but I won't be concerned if he starts on Saturday - Smithy has faced better this year and come out on top.

Back to reality of the league.

The 1st game of a run with 3 home out of the next 4. We really need a big effort from players and fans to take advantage of our home form with the hope to get some daylight between us and 4th place. Would be brilliant to put on a show for the cameras but I would happily take a scrappy win.

21 hours ago, queenybantam07 said:

From an attacking perspective, he’s way down the pecking order if we had any of our first choice strikers fit. That being said, 3 goals in his last 4. 

Be afraid - be very afraid. 

Our last 4 games we’ve scored 17, conceded 2.

Be afraid- Be very afraid.

8 hours ago, darren1810 said:

You can't make the wedding and she's putting it on TV ? 

Fair play to her. Stick it on your phone as you roar the boys on. 

Great sister that sounds 😂

Mate got married a few years ago and several of us at the back had bought small radios for our pockets and an earpiece in.  The lady doing the service commented half way through - Mark are they your bouncers at the back and I take it England has just scored.  Yes we had cheered by accident. 🤣

You need to get a small radio and ear piece.  Sorted.

18 hours ago, gavcradd said:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. He had his chance to show what he could do here and didn't take it. Good luck to him if he can make it with Bradford but I won't be concerned if he starts on Saturday - Smithy has faced better this year and come out on top.

It was all tongue-in-cheek, don’t worry. Aside from chipping in with the odd goal, he’s done nothing of any note. Again, the only reason why he’s being given an opportunity is because our injury list is beyond comprehensible - it’s been this way all season. 

Injury list: Andy Cook, Abo Eisa, Liam Ridehalgh, Caolan Lavery, Paudie O’Connor (although he might be fit for Sat). All would feature in our starting XI, if fit. 

As for the game, I’m not anticipating much. If I’m honest, I’m no longer interested. I just hope we can stay in the mix until January window, where we will undoubtedly strengthen the squad. 

About 1,000 travelling. Shame it’s on Sky and kicking off at 12pm, because if we was actually any good, we’d be taking more than double down. As it always is with Vale away, it’s either on a Tuesday night or we’re in terrible form. 

GK: Richard O’Donnell 

RB: Oscar Threlkeld

CB: Paudie O’Connor 

CB: Niall Canavan 

LB: Matty Foulds 

CM: Yann Songo’o 

CM: Elliot Watt 

RW: Alex Gilliead 

CAM: Callum Cooke 

LW: Charles Vernam 

ST: Theo Robinson 

We’re without top scorer Andy Cook (7), so I’d probably take a draw as it stands. 

Good luck! 

5 minutes ago, queenybantam07 said:

It was all tongue-in-cheek, don’t worry. Aside from chipping in with the odd goal, he’s done nothing of any note. Again, the only reason why he’s being given an opportunity is because our injury list is beyond comprehensible - it’s been this way all season. 

Injury list: Andy Cook, Abo Eisa, Liam Ridehalgh, Caolan Lavery, Paudie O’Connor (although he might be fit for Sat). All would feature in our starting XI, if fit. 

As for the game, I’m not anticipating much. If I’m honest, I’m no longer interested. I just hope we can stay in the mix until January window, where we will undoubtedly strengthen the squad. 

About 1,000 travelling. Shame it’s on Sky and kicking off at 12pm, because if we was actually any good, we’d be taking more than double down. As it always is with Vale away, it’s either on a Tuesday night or we’re in terrible form. 

We’re without too scorer Andy Cook, so I’d probably take a draw as it stands. 

Good luck! 

Honestly, bar Robinson, that's a really decent starting 11 and you've undoubtedly got a manager who knows how to win in this league. 

Your underlying stats suggest you should be way higher than 12th and you're on a horrendous run of fixtures (5th, 1st, 2nd, with Exeter in the cup in between). 

I think Bradford will finish top 7 this year, as you're only 2 points off with that injury list. It sounds daft considering the form we're in but I honestly take a steady draw on Saturday. Just have the feeling that both sides are going to regress to the mean a bit and all the added stuff around Saturday makes it the perfect game to do so.

58 minutes ago, queenybantam07 said:

We’re without top scorer Andy Cook (7), so I’d probably take a draw as it stands. 

Good luck! 

Archived