Perfect confluence of:

• Our outrageous form not lasting forever
  • Bradford's underwhelming form not lasting forever
  • Theo Robinson in form after Clarke demoted him to the U18s
  • Telly - international break so a larger than normal audience
  • Chance to go top
  • Big attendance

image.png.7a3f3eda2b47b2e87278412e0f2cf5d4.png

Crazy that we're that conditioned into expecting misery and disappointment that, despite winning 19 of 28, scoring 17 in 4, winning our last 7 at home, most people on here have grim resignation for Saturday. Proper order that. Vale Vale. 

Vale fans have been here so many times before and been left with the kick in the guts as Vale sides over many years manage to mess up glorious opportunities. 

we want to believe it cant happen again and this is a new beginning of optimism and belief- we really do - but….🤞

Advert

I fear this game will be magnified in the post-match, win or lose.

Its just another game and, all the noise around it aside (telly, attendance, go top), it's 3 points out of 138. It's 2% of the season. 

It'll be a fantastic occasion but I beg we don't get any of that last-match analysis overreaction we got after Sutton. Bradford are a good side with a manager who delivers at this level. We might lose. We might not play well. If we do, it doesn't mean much, especially in the context of 7 home wins in a row, 17 goals in 4, 19 wins in 28 etc etc.

Then again, if we score 3-4 again, I'll be booking the bus parade and lumping on title. Into these.

42 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

My sisters wedding on Saturday so cant make it gutted the ceremony starts at half 12 aswell so cant even watch it on tv, i asked if she minded putting it back a couple of hours but she didnt seem too impressed with that idea 🤣

You can't make the wedding and she's putting it on TV ? 

Fair play to her. Stick it on your phone as you roar the boys on. 

Great sister that sounds 😂

54 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

My sisters wedding on Saturday so cant make it gutted the ceremony starts at half 12 aswell so cant even watch it on tv, i asked if she minded putting it back a couple of hours but she didnt seem too impressed with that idea 🤣

Tourtalk TT-DEP25 Earphones (bag of 25)

It’s not a defining game in terms of the season! However a defining game in terms where we are and can we perform when the pressures on. I hope we can I would love us to do these good and proper. Still being a Vale fan expect the unexpected.
Performing when the pressure is on consistently is built on experience, we have a few players with promotion experience, a few who came through must win games. DC has done it in the past and knows what it takes to build team spirit. Football is a funny old game, but this game is not a crunch game, however I still want to win every game well.

Archived