onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

Treat him like any other striker sand just defend as we always do. Smithy will have his number. I think if he sprints around, chasing balls down and linking up play it doesn’t show what we could have had, rather it shows he was unprofessional during his time here and could have made the effort if he had wanted to. I wouldn’t want a player who only makes an effort out of spite and sad revenge quests rather than due to the dedication and professionalism the current crop have.

Advert

1 hour ago, queenybantam07 said:

From an attacking perspective, he’s way down the pecking order if we had any of our first choice strikers fit. That being said, 3 goals in his last 4. 

Be afraid - be very afraid. 

Vale have  won their last 7 home games,  DC will continue to plan our progress, quite a few games now since we scored less than 3.

If Adams is anything like he was at Morecambe, my guess is he'll park the bus and hope to catch us on the break or with a set piece. After our last seven home games, he will have worked out that going toe to toe with us would not be a very good idea and I don't expect he will be taking too many risks. That wouldn't be so good for Sky and a poor advert for L2 but Adams won't be bothered. Can't wait to see how DC sets us up.

UTV!

Attendance?

Hearing mixed signals, some saying too early / on telly, others bringing friends along with an international break happening, weather looks set to be fine. Bradford not travelling in numbers, 2 goal win and we go top. !  Will it be below our normal 5.6k or will we go higher?  Thoughts.....

Attendance?
Hearing mixed signals, some saying too early / on telly, others bringing friends along with an international break happening, weather looks set to be fine. Bradford not travelling in numbers, 2 goal win and we go top. !  Will it be below our normal 5.6k or will we go higher?  Thoughts.....
I'm hearing that Carol and Kevin the team the coaching staff and all the every supporter who as not missed a single game be that home and away deserve a good turnout on sat. What i mean by that is that there must be a good few thousand more Vale fans in the city and folk or family so I'd like see at least a crowd of 7000 with away fans and casual supporters in hopefully if not so be it whoever goes we appreciate it .
I'd love there be more but it is what it' is
I said before a ball was kicked this season it's down to the players to create support get people in them seats and in my opinion they couldn't do any more they are playing some breathtaking football and in general are scoring some fantastic goals and apart from D Jones and L Legge everyone has scored a goal ,the whole team is getting better by the game improving all the time players who were part of the non performing Vale from last year under Askey Pugh etc till end of season run have all improved significantly we have scored 13 home goals in last 3 what more do folk want .
Get thesen down to the Vale and give them your coin (not you obviously as your Vale and go everywhere with them )but you know folk who love football and when you get there your job is to encourage nowt else(not abuse Theo Robinson or anyone else as that will make them play better ,encourage the lads in Black and White )UTV
UTV

I suppose being a long suffering Vale fan and let down so often you can’t get ahead of yourself. But how this team and squad are performing you can’t help but be positive and optimistic I hope we can get a good crowd and perform at our best with all players at 7/10 or higher if that happens we could all be very happy bunnies Saturday afternoon.

Perfect confluence of:

• Our outrageous form not lasting forever
  • Bradford's underwhelming form not lasting forever
  • Theo Robinson in form after Clarke demoted him to the U18s
  • Telly - international break so a larger than normal audience. Good stories on Wilson and Covolan so we'll get a lot of attention
  • Win to go top
  • Big attendance

image.png.7a3f3eda2b47b2e87278412e0f2cf5d4.png

Crazy that we're that conditioned into expecting misery and disappointment that, despite winning 19 of 28, scoring 17 in 4, winning our last 7 at home, most people on here have grim resignation for Saturday. Proper order that. Vale Vale. 

Archived