Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Breadwinner

REMEMBER 12.00 KO

Pack the park

Adults 20 quid every day bar matchday .

Big game as they all are .

Slight chance of hitting the summit a big ask but not overly bothered if we do not as long as we the fans turn out there are no excuses let's hope we have a lot of new faces in the ground this Saturday ..

Going be a long day for me as finishing work at 6a.m but forget sleep the Vale deserve support this coming sat .

No doubt its going be a tough game but with encouragement the Vale will be on the front foot and ready for the next league game we average a few goals each game our threats are all over the pitch .

Great times these be there

UTV

Advert

After dismantling Accrington on Saturday, I'd expect a good turnout for this in spite of the TV cameras.

You can't beat being at the game, getting involved in the atmosphere.

Something I appreciate so much more after Covid.

You can have an influence if you're in the ground. Not if you're sat watching on the TV.

1 hour ago, SFBT said:

After dismantling Accrington on Saturday, I'd expect a good turnout for this in spite of the TV cameras.

You can't beat being at the game, getting involved in the atmosphere.

Something I appreciate so much more after Covid.

You can have an influence if you're in the ground. Not if you're sat watching on the TV.

I'd hope that Bradford bring a few especially after saving their money not going to their Cup game on Saturday

I've been extremely bullish regarding Vale this season but I have a bad feeling about this game.

Bradford have been unlucky with their points total and will eventually start winning games. They've drawn with Exeter and FGR and beaten Swindon in their last three - all good teams.

Conversely, we're on a incredible run of form which can't last forever and eventually the bits of fortune we've had (which we've done a big part in creating) such as OGs and red cards will swing the other way. We're still a great team, but even great teams can't sustain the 70+% win rate we've put together since September for extended periods. Dodgy results will come and I hope we have the maturity as fans to accept it without meltdown.

Add a big crowd, live on Sky, a win taking us top; just doesn't sit right with me. 20 years of let downs has conditioned me to be wary of good times like this but I can't shake the feeling that we won't be as scintillating as we have been recently and the last-game analysts will be out in force on Saturday afternoon.

Hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I've been extremely bullish regarding Vale this season but I have a bad feeling about this game.

Bradford have been unlucky with their points total and will eventually start winning games. They've drawn with Exeter and FGR and beaten Swindon in their last three - all good teams.

Conversely, we're on a incredible run of form which can't last forever and eventually the bits of fortune we've had (which we've done a big part in creating) such as OGs and red cards will swing the other way. We're still a great team, but even great teams can't sustain the 70+% win rate we've put together since September for extended periods. Dodgy results will come and I hope we have the maturity as fans to accept it without meltdown.

Add a big crowd, live on Sky, a win taking us top; just doesn't sit right with me. 20 years of let downs has conditioned me to be wary of good times like this but I can't shake the feeling that we won't be as scintillating as we have been recently and the last-game analysts will be out in force on Saturday afternoon.

Hope I'm wrong. 

They don't look that impressive but I see what you mean in relation to form and the other things in place.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Hope I'm wrong. 

I find myself agreeing with this. For some reason I don’t think we’ll win on Saturday. I don’t want to come across negative, but we’re not going to keep winning, are we? 

It’s just important that we follow an eventual loss up with a win and get back on the horse. 

My target in mind is 42 points by end of play Boxing Day to be on track for 84 points which would be around enough for promotion most seasons so 14 points from 8 games would do that. If we can get 7 from Bradford H, Oldham A, Walsall H, Hartlepool H it would be an ok turnaround to keep on track.

Our last 2 losses against Rochdale and Sutton both came on an international weekend and this match falls on an international weekend. I'm a season ticket holder but now can't go due to getting covid, can't go tonight's game either so that's 1 less of the crowd that usually goes most matches.

Archived