onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT G3 : Port Vale v Liverpool U21

Fosse69

Advert

If their player was number 92, then there's 91 other players in the Liverpool squad that he could get a closed doors, match day experience with - probably many of them better than the standard in League 2. It shouldn't be up to League 1/League 2 teams to risk injury to their first team squad playing against youths (as you have to start a set number of first team players to give the kids a strong opponent). Get it back to the style of the LDV Vans - fewer teams, less pointless games, no need to play first teamers if you don't want to

4 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

If their player was number 92, then there's 91 other players in the Liverpool squad that he could get a closed doors, match day experience with - probably many of them better than the standard in League 2. It shouldn't be up to League 1/League 2 teams to risk injury to their first team squad playing against youths (as you have to start a set number of first team players to give the kids a strong opponent). Get it back to the style of the LDV Vans - fewer teams, less pointless games, no need to play first teamers if you don't want to

Playing devil’s advocate somewhat but the 2300 gate was probably more than we would get if we were playing a league2 team in the ldv vans or similar.

certainly left the game feeling dissatisfied somehow as we hadn’t seen a competitive game but I think part of the problem is that Liverpool are even playing a weakened team in this comp let alone the fa cup !

Went on holiday tonight and sat in Railway rather than Lorne Street Stand.

Looking around and across to Lorne Street what a superb Football Stadium we now have (not one of those modern bathtub stadiums) a true traditional football ground. Fantastic.

I used to go on the bank at back of Hamil as a kid 65 years ago and if I had known then how the stadium would look now I would have been well chuffed.

9 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Anyone any idea when the draw is for the next round, I take it we can only play a winner of the Northern Section apart from Bolton, which means one of Crewe, Sunderland, Accrington, Tranmere, Sheffield Wednesday, Tranmere or Carlisle away.  

At the Vale After the match on Saturday apparently

16 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Looking around and across to Lorne Street what a superb Football Stadium we now have (not one of those modern bathtub stadiums) a true traditional football ground. Fantastic.

I used to go on the bank at back of Hamil as a kid 65 years ago and if I had known then how the stadium would look now I would have been well chuffed.

Yes, great stadium. Remember the old Hamil end really well - stood on it with my dad and brother when we played Villa in the Cup all those years ago. The transformation has been outstanding and I reckon there's more to come, on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

I did similar on Saturday, went in to the bycars, and thought the same. Really smart proper stadium now.

On another matter,  how many as Robinson scored lately?  Seems to be scoring every match.  Will be up for it on Saturday with the abuse we have him!!

Followed the script really, it was always going to be men against boys, although they started brighter and took longer to wilt then I thought they would. Technically very good on the ball as expected but I thought they were a bit naive with the tunnel vision on playing out from the back and passing across their own back line, when Vale are set up with such a comically high line that a front 3 are basically camped out in your penalty area and at least 2 of those 3 are out and out duracell bunnies it's only going to end one way. I understand the rationale of every team all the way down to the U6's playing the exact same way as the first team but their appalling record in this competition wouldn't do confidence much good. 

I thought 2 of them were worth an admission to the longlist transfer loan matrix for next season. One of them also played an absolutely chefs kiss superb diagonal down our left very early on, if Conlon did that to play Worrall in on Sky on Saturday his value would automatically go up another £500,000. 

Benning still seems to be lagging behind the curve a bit.

Archived