onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT G3 : Port Vale v Liverpool U21

Fosse69

Possibly our most likely route to Wembley, since a FA Cup SF has not been done by a Tier 4 team, nor do I wish for a Play-off. A useful money source and match practice option. Our goal scoring form likely to be too much for a U21 team, only a win is expected although avoiding a defeat in normal time is sufficient for a place in the KO draw. Can we expect a new face or two from Paynter`s squad?

Advert

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Got to go for the win, more dosh into the coffers.

Totally. 

Despite this in my opinion being a squad that has loads of options it will add to our ammunition if Clarke is able to bring in a Hughes or Purse type in January. 

So all money is important to us . 

Definitely as there is a risk of losing Politic in January.

Not nailed on, as he's refused to sign a new deal there and I've heard he enjoys the atmosphere and set up at Vale so you never know, from memory Evatt wasn't impressed with the contract refusal so it depends on whether he wants to be awkward about the whole thing. 

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Definitely as there is a risk of losing Politic in January.

Not nailed on, as he's refused to sign a new deal there and I've heard he enjoys the atmosphere and set up at Vale so you never know, from memory Evatt wasn't impressed with the contract refusal so it depends on whether he wants to be awkward about the whole thing. 

He doesn't need him back mate, remember they are the best team in the division apparently 🤔

I have an apology to make here.... I was all for the boycott of these games when the u21 sides were put in(even though they pay money for it) and before the lockdowns refused to attend them,didn't even go the Rochdale one even though it was free to me BUT i am going this one as they have dragged me into the buzz of it all and really excited by the way we now play under DC,so yes i am being an hypocrite but so be it,i am loving the football.

Anyway if we had got to the final at any point i would have gone and so would many others

Onwards and Upwards in all competitions

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Totally. 

Despite this in my opinion being a squad that has loads of options it will add to our ammunition if Clarke is able to bring in a Hughes or Purse type in January. 

So all money is important to us . 

I personally dont think we need that type(although our targets now are to bring in players who we can improve and sell on),i would like to see us put bids in for Cass(been outstanding for us) and Politic(more to come from him and would be suited to league one imo). Also give Wozza and Gibbo contracts.

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

I personally dont think we need that type(although our targets now are to bring in players who we can improve and sell on),i would like to see us put bids in for Cass(been outstanding for us) and Politic(more to come from him and would be suited to league one imo). Also give Wozza and Gibbo contracts.

I meant someone extra to help hopefully push us over the line . Not necessarily a CH or striker. An astute loan signing might improve us further although I agree that's not the model the club are using. 

Plenty of rest for the game next Saturday required for the majority of the squad but put a team out who want to get in the massive game on Saturday and still win v Liverpools lads .
Not really that interested in this competition as it doesn't have the hold on me personally that the F.A cup has but so want the club to progress as far as they can has the Autoglass and Ldv finals were absolutely magnificent finals where the Vale won both 2-1 over the years . Competition devalued over recent years but none the less if we win its some money in coffers .
Enjoy the game .

Archived