Top 10 Vale Goals

newchapel valiant

On 03/11/2021 at 20:28, toyahw said:

What more do you want? Must say it is a rare pleasure watching these goals. I thought we scored a good one from a short corner routine last season? Amoo was it? Best pure one (no context) I've seen is the Conlon hit to be honest.

The Amoo one was in the ill-fated Tranmere 3-4 debacle 

Can anyone else remember our GK hitting the crossbar from a goal kick away to crewe about 20ish years ago? I was only young when my Dad took me to that game and he can't remember it happening so I'm starting to wonder if I dreamt it. 

I'm thinking it would have been Brain or Martin, maybe Goodlad?

That would be my top almost a goal 🙂

13 minutes ago, glenpvfc said:

Can anyone else remember our GK hitting the crossbar from a goal kick away to crewe about 20ish years ago? I was only young when my Dad took me to that game and he can't remember it happening so I'm starting to wonder if I dreamt it. 

I'm thinking it would have been Brain or Martin, maybe Goodlad?

That would be my top almost a goal 🙂

Could have been Delaney? I vaguely remember it too, think it was the same game Neil Brisco scored for us with the long range header?

4 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Could have been Delaney? I vaguely remember it too, think it was the same game Neil Brisco scored for us with the long range header?

I don't recognise the name Delaney, but I can remember Brisco. Unfortunately can't recall anything else about the match either. But at least you've given me some hope that I'm not cracking up!

It was definitely Dean Delaney who hit the cross bar against Crewe. Game finished 1 1 Neil briscoe scored for vale. Was 02/03 season when we went in administration and Crewe got promoted. Crewe beat us at vale park that season in the league cup football league trophy and in the league.

• Like 1

Like to add;

John Ridley's spectacular shot against Arnold in the FA Cup replay at VP, Vale were 2-1 down and struggling when he got the ball on the Railway Stand side of the pitch, he cut inside and hit a tremendous curler into the Top  right hand corner of the goal at the Bycars end, Vale went onto win 5-2.

John Rowland's goal that wasn't, he hit a pile driver from about 25 yards that hit the back of the stantion at the Bycars End, the ball flew out leaving the goals shaking and the ref waived play on, judging by the reaction of the crowd most people thought it had gone in.

Popey's goal at AFC Wimbledon in the promo season when he lifted the ball over the goalkeeper, fell to the floor, did a few rolls and got up to score from a very acute angle, superb skill and awareness of where the goal was.