Top 10 Vale Goals

newchapel valiant

Advert:

Guest Vale at home
9 hours ago, robf said:

Two of mine are in here. About 1 min twenty seconds in. Robbie Earle and Ron Futcher look to take part in a long-range shooting contest against Chesterfield...

What a Game . Brilliant days at the Vale . 

Guest Vale at home
9 hours ago, newchapel valiant said:

I was thinking about the goals we seem to be scoring at the moment, especially the late drama goals v orient. 

I then thought  what was my top 10 goals would be here goes. 

10 Robbie Earle v Stoke away 1st Derby for 32 years

9 Wayne Cordon v Arsenal FA cup

8 Ian Bogie Everton FA Cup home

7 Bernie Slaven Exeter away semi final Autoglass

6 Andy Porter v Stoke FA cup

5 Ian Bogie v Everton FA Cup away, last minute drama. 

4 Martin Foyle v Liverpool League Cup away

3 Steve Brooker v Brentford LDV final

2 Paul Kerr v Stockport Wembley 1st goal at Wembley for vale

1 Robbie Earle Play off final v Bristol Rover at Vale park

What are your top 10, it is more difficult than you think and mine will probably change as I remember more goals I forgot about. 

Andy Porter . & Ian Bogie .all Ten players were Excellence for the vale . It’s good to Remember them . 

9 hours ago, robf said:

Two of mine are in here. About 1 min twenty seconds in. Robbie Earle and Ron Futcher look to take part in a long-range shooting contest against Chesterfield...

The Rocket Ron goal versus Cardiff is my choice too. I was right behind it; postage stamp moment. How about that Foyle goal versus Tranmere. A beautiful move where he hits a pin-point Guppy cross into the far corner.  Sure it was on telly. Perhaps you have a clip Rob.

Edited by Richie D.

Advert:

I remember one from Mark Chamberlain when he basically took it from the keeper and dribbled it into the goal. Much to the annoyance of the Lorne St who thought he should have crossed it. And a Simon Mills pile driver from like 90 yards? Probably not, but seemed like it at the time.

13 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Stevie Fox overhead kick away at Tranmere.

Think was a Friday night promotion season 82/3 . 

I'm pretty sure the overhead kick was Bob Newton. I think Fox cut inside from the left and scored from about 20 yards. Still a decent goal.

2 hours ago, Santa said:

The Simon Mills one was against Bristol City

Whilst the simon Mills pile driver is a cracking shot take a look at Van der Laan in the build up at about 30 seconds. He takes an age to get it under control; really pedestrian stuff. Apart from his flowing locks and tackling abilities I dont remember much else about Van Der Laan (apart from him dating a family friend who I thought at the time was the best looking thing in the entire city -- another story). Was he that limited with the ball?

Advert:

9 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

Whilst the simon Mills pile driver is a cracking shot take a look at Van der Laan in the build up at about 30 seconds. He takes an age to get it under control; really pedestrian stuff. Apart from his flowing locks and tackling abilities I dont remember much else about Van Der Laan (apart from him dating a family friend who I thought at the time was the best looking thing in the entire city -- another story). Was he that limited with the ball?

I don't think he was the quickest around the park but he could shrug off challenges, pick a pass and hit the occasional thunderous drive. So not a bad player to have in your ranks with those skills especially as (like Simon Mills) Rudge retrained him to a new position (he was originally a striker).

His tackling was... full blooded too. I've just had a look and I can't see the clip uploaded to the OVF YouTube channel but I'm sure there's some footage of a game against Wolves (I think) where it was snowing and he does a sliding tackle which went on for about 20 feet. You can see the long line in the snow afterwards. I must dig that one out and put it up.

Advert:

9 hours ago, manc_vale said:

Apart from his flowing locks and tackling abilities I dont remember much else about Van Der Laan (apart from him dating a family friend who I thought at the time was the best looking thing in the entire city)

What more do you want? Must say it is a rare pleasure watching these goals. I thought we scored a good one from a short corner routine last season? Amoo was it? Best pure one (no context) I've seen is the Conlon hit to be honest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...